View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 PM

I renewed because I think they did listen. When this first blew up, I had my doubts about MSSA's position and even worried that they would side with the MCBA. Some MSSA chapters even voted almost unanimously in favor of a complete ban on C&R.

Even after it was apparent that the vast majority of MSSA members were on the side of supporting C&R, I wondered whether MSSA's representation on the Sport's Fish Advisory Commission would step up to the plate. To be honest, it was doubtful. However, David Smith took over the situation. I have no doubt that he would rather have seen no changes, but DNR had their minds made up to do something, especially after Brandon made such a mess of things. Everyone was in damage control after that but I have to say that I was very impressed at David Smith's leadership.

I'm speaking at two upcoming MSSA chapters in the next couple of months. Kent Island in February and DC in March. You can bet C&R will be a strong focus. No matter how you feel about MSSA, you guys are right to keep hammering on this issue. Maryland has really looked bad over this decision. It's time the fishermen stepped in and made it right.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"

Last edited by Shawn Kimbro; 01-24-2010 at 05:51 PM.