View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
Good luck Marty o boy, you drum is the last big fish I've seen caught, including Oceanside.
Was out on Lou's boat today. Left Sandy Point, ran south, checked the Tolly Point area for birds and breaking fish; no love there, so scooted across the bay to Gum Thickets (red 86) looking for bait; nothing
Picked up rods and ran south just past Bloody Point. Birds were working over dinks. Rick (fish off gloves) gave us some info about fish behind Poplar. They weren't there today
Ran back toward the West River and saw 5 charters working Some even had boards out Birds were working, fish were breaking and boats were catching.......................................... ...............15 inch fish

Found more breakers in the area and stayed with them (jigging) the rest of the morning. Never did find a better grade of fish under any of the bird shows. Tom Hughes fished next to us for a couple hours, running with us from place to place. His customers had a blast catching small undersize rock (different strokes for different folks).
We finally left for home around 1pm. Loaded Lou's boat back on his pretty new trailer, and watched the NRP doing drills at Sandy Point with cadets. Saw a guy load his boat and getting ready to leave the park with his antenna "flying". Five seasoned officers were standing in the parking lot. I yelled over to the guy that his antenna was up. He got back out of his truck and couldn't thank me enough for "saving" his antenna
Looks like I'll poke around north of the bridge for a while.
5th