View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:43 AM

One very reliable spot is a touch farther south of LP - bay bridge eastern rockpile.

This time of year - it often holds 14 to 26 inch Rock. More under size then keepers but if you pluck away - often get a limit.

Trick is to fish west and upcurrent side.

Often others will be there - just watch where they hook up. Only down side - if more then 5-6 boats , it can get tricky to fish.

The fish will be near or on bottom in 45 to 60 feet. I find less hits but more keepers about 5 feet off bottom. Do not let lure drag - very likely to snag. Trick is to bounce it off the big boulders that are down there.

The north west corner is tricky - slight point juts out. It comes up to about 8 feet. Best spot is about 40 feet off this corner. The SW corner is deeper but has similar profile. On flat part of west side - the drop is steep. Only 15 feet off the rocks is 20 feet.

I look area over with meter to get idea where fish are. Sting Silvers in 1 1/2 or 2 oz work great. I like gold color or chartreuse / white with single barbless feather hook.

5-7 inch BA or BKD on 1 1/2 to 2 oz heads work too. Sometimes you have to cast down current to get lure to bottom as boat drifts over it.

If calm and good current - you'll see the current eddies / seams / rip and get idea where fish should be.

Often you'll get a few Perch as well.

Watch outgoing current - it often runs SW and boat will tend to drift close to the two legged piling. Seen guys not paying attention bump into it. They were facing NE fishing and got surprised .