View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM

Thumbs up Capt. Charlie is back !

I'm still having problems with this site so I hope this gets through
First and foremost I want to thank Marty for sticking with me throughout this ordeal!! Of course thanks go out to all of you who kept me in your prayers and sent good wishes. Believe me when I say that it really meant a lot!
I finally was able to get out with the help of a cane, on Labor Day! Still didn't have the strength to stay on my feet but it has gotten better ,each day since then. I was able to get off the pain meds and ditch the cane shortly thereafter I have some residual swelling but considering the wounds it's really nothing but annoying. The grafts have taken nicely but everything won't be healed for a few months yet. That's OK since I didn't plan on entering any 10K races or beauty contests just yet. I pulled my boat yesterday Fishing will have to wait until next year
I know that you have heard it from Marty but PLEASE listen to me: Do not go near the bay with open wounds on your body. You must have real water-proof bandages (Band-Aids don't work)! #2. If you have any swelling/itching/burning on a wound received while fishing on your boat....
DO NOT WAIT!!! GO IMMEDIATELY TO A DR. OR E.R. , make sure you mention salt water involvement. The VIBRIO bacteria can kill you in 72hours!!
I was very lucky and had great doctors at Shock-Trauma but I almost didn't make it. Please don't take any chances.
Tight Lines
Capt. Charlie Schneider