View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Don,

It ended up getting to the point where I could not lift it above the collar and was hurting everytime I was casting...

They ended up taking a half inch off of the clavicle, a half inch off of one of the bones in the A/C joint (they were bone on bone, no fluid or cartilage left)...So now they don't touch each other at all any more. They also removed several bone spurs, one of which was beginning to cut into my rotator cuff (thank god the cuff was only minimally damaged), and cleaned up some arthritis in the joints...

All of it was done by arthroscopy, and will help make the turn around sooner...

Surgery was last week, the surgeon is hoping that since there was not much soft tissue damage, that I could be back close to normal by the week of 8/19....So about 3 weeks out of action, maybe some P/T but ready to go after that...

Tell ya what, I miss being out there, but now it may not be as much of a pain on the A@#$SS, I mean shoulder, as it had been....

Is your son going out with Keith in Montauk ?

I have a great story to tell you about Keith, sharks, and the Discovery Channel...

Hope you are doing well...

Mike
Mike...

I had a similar surgery a number of years ago. Mine had gotten to the point where I couldn't turn a doorknob. I think my ortho called it a "Mumford Procedure". My surgery worked very well...hope yours is the same way.