View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 AM

I've got electronic controls on my boat also, 3 stations. Encountered basically the same problem 1/2 way home when I launched this Spring. Boat just suddenly shut down to idle and went into neutral - no alarms, controls were just dead with no lights! Finally had to use the back-up throttle and manual release on the trans to get home. It's a lot of fun trying to dock while you're laying on the floor behind the engine putting the trans in and out of gear manually with no one else on the boat! Just glad it didn't happen in Kent Narrows by the bridge.

Ended up being water in one of the controls which blew a fuse in the EEC control box. Bought all of the 3 amp mini fuses on the Island until I isolated the problem. REPAIRS to the control (not a new one) were $450. I have vinyl covers that I made to cover the outside controls to protect them from the sun and water. This is the 3rd time in six years that I've had to repair one of the outside controls. They're great when the work but you're pretty much screwed when they don't! These are Glendinning controls.