CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Going to Baltimore aquarium Weds (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=460)

Skip 02-16-2010 07:37 PM

Going to Baltimore aquarium Weds

My son is going to the aquarium on a school field trip and they asked me to chaperone :D

I figure I should be able to catch at least 5-6 fish before the staff throws me out. I got two handlines - easy to hide.

I'm hoping I can slip through security. Few years ago - I volunteered as a diver to help clean the tanks. The staff called it insane - I called it an honest mistake. I only spear gunned the fish that looked sick :rolleyes:. They did tell me to bring all my gear - seems to me they should have been more specific.

Not sure if I'm still on the national aquarium watch list. The incident in Alanta was 4 years ago. Hell, they advertised the largest fish in captivity - what did they think would happen ? I would have landed that brute if the fly gaff had not pulled free.

Should be a fun day - got enough cash hopefully for bail.

Stinkbait 02-16-2010 07:49 PM

Skip,
Let me know what the YP and picklefish are biting on.

In exchange, I will provide free wire leader for you to handline the Electric Eels.:eek: (But, I want Pics)

Jim

crabby and son 02-16-2010 08:09 PM

See if you can bag a few birds in the rain forest too!..Have fun........Gary

5th Tuition 02-16-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 4299)
See if you can bag a few birds in the rain forest too!..Have fun........Gary

And if they have any baby seals; don't forget your club:D. 5th (Marty)

Stinkbait 02-16-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4301)
And if they have any baby seals; don't forget your club:D. 5th (Marty)

Marty,
Do you have a recipe for pre-tenderized baby seal? I heard they taste fishy (from the official PETA site).

Jim

5th Tuition 02-16-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkbait (Post 4303)
Marty,
Do you have a recipe for pre-tenderized baby seal? I heard they taste fishy (from the official PETA site).
Jim

Ahh; Jim, the trick for eliminating the terrible "fishy" taste is to change their diet. Most aquairium's or zoo's feed their seals cheap menhaden. We, in Maryland, don't have that problem. Because we have the Omega Protien plant in such close proximity. We feed our seals the "bycatch" of 12 inch rockfish, thus eliminating the "bad" taste.
Try them on the grill, delicious:D.
5th (Marty)

Baldzilla 02-16-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4305)
Ahh; Jim, the trick for eliminating the terrible "fishy" taste is to change their diet. Most aquairium's or zoo's feed their seals cheap menhaden. We, in Maryland, don't have that problem. Because we have the Omega Protien plant in such close proximity. We feed our seals the "bycatch" of 12 inch rockfish, thus eliminating the "bad" taste.
Try them on the grill, delicious:D.
5th (Marty)

Marty,
I know a guide that can help you catch lots of 12 inch rockfish foul hooked right int he gut!

5th Tuition 02-16-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 4307)
Marty,
I know a guide that can help you catch lots of 12 inch rockfish foul hooked right int he gut!

Yeah; he's even giving a seminar on how to chase birds:D.
5th (Marty)

Slayer 02-17-2010 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4308)
Yeah; he's even giving a seminar on how to chase birds:D.
5th (Marty)

And teach you how to read your fishfinder while swearing up and down that "That ain't no f'ng fish marks"

Attachment 200

"..that's just clutter. Now wait a minute, I gotta take a leak while talking to these guys".

:eek:

Baldzilla 02-17-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer (Post 4315)
And teach you how to read your fishfinder while swearing up and down that "That ain't no f'ng fish marks"

Attachment 200

"..I gotta take a leak while talking to these guys".

:eek:

That was the best part of the whole trip!!!