CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   This Friday Quest (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=905)

Steve F 06-23-2010 01:43 PM

This Friday Quest

My Son-In-Law Rob, Old Man Ray and I are taking a marathon trip this coming Friday. We are leaving Walkersville at 2 the morning and heading for Ocean City. We are going to target tog first thing in the morning then go for some stripers and blues then for flounder. We look to get off the water around 2:00pm, load the boat on the trailer and head West for the Bay Bridge. We are going to put on at Sandy Point hopefully around 5 or so and fish the Bay Bridge until dark. Then head a little North or South of the bridge to see if we can find some hard heads and fish for them until around 11 and then head home. It’s going to be a long trip but I’m looking forward to it…I hope to give a full report when I get up on Saturday wish us luck….

garlien 06-23-2010 01:54 PM

Long Day....Best of Luck !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 7691)
My Son-In-Law Rob, Old Man Ray and I are taking a marathon trip this coming Friday. We are leaving Walkersville at 2 the morning and heading for Ocean City. We are going to target tog first thing in the morning then go for some stripers and blues then for flounder. We look to get off the water around 2:00pm, load the boat on the trailer and head West for the Bay Bridge. We are going to put on at Sandy Point hopefully around 5 or so and fish the Bay Bridge until dark. Then head a little North or South of the bridge to see if we can find some hard heads and fish for them until around 11 and then head home. It’s going to be a long trip but I’m looking forward to it…I hope to give a full report when I get up on Saturday wish us luck….

Bend-Lure 06-23-2010 04:01 PM

That's quite an ambitious plan! Have fun. Don't fall asleep at the wheel (Red Bull gives you Wings).

spynet000 06-23-2010 05:16 PM

Steve, you're my kind of fisherman! Are you taking your skiff? Good luck. That is a serious day, be careful driving back. Look forward to your report.

Night Nurse 06-23-2010 06:52 PM

Looking forward to the report. Go south to Poplar Island for the HH

TED

Steve F 06-23-2010 08:09 PM

Garlin-Thanks we may need all the luck we can get...

BL-I hope to get some sleep Thursday night and if need be I'll get me some of those Bulls

Dave-Yep taken the Skiff just hope the fish are willing to bite. We have to hook up and do one of these trips.

Ted-I just got word that some HH are down that way but not sure if I want to traval that far in the dark, I like staying close to the bridge after dark.

reeltor 06-23-2010 09:21 PM

Were you down last weekend? Saw a similar skiff to yours around the south jetty and thought I remembered you saying something about going to OC. Tried to call by only have the home number.
Flounder bite was good last weekend but not many keepers. The wind fought the tide and it was hard to get a good drift going. We fished on the Tortuga and moved north and south of the bridge. Behind Assateague was best, though when we were on the north side of the bridge on the west side of the channel we did well also. Saw plenty of blues breaking in the ocean just out of reach of my surf rods:mad:. We caught a lot of blues, shad and some stripers around the rt 50 bridge (at night). Good luck, wear plenty of sunscreen. Looking forward to your report.

Shawn Kimbro 06-23-2010 10:01 PM

Good luck, Steve. I could handle the fishing, but not the driving. Wish you the best and especially want to hear about the bluefish/rock bite off OC.

StepChild 06-24-2010 12:21 PM

Good luck & be safe!!!!