CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Chester River Cats 8/31 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2668)

Chessie27 09-01-2014 07:06 AM

Chester River Cats 8/31

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was the 7th Annual Chester River Catfish Invitational. We fished from just south of Cliff City up to just above the C R bridge. Shrimp, peelers, and soft crab were the bait options- all seemed to do equally well. The winning fish was 8lbs 10oz. Ours was only around 7lbs so no prize money but i had the best looking crew!!! Nothing like a 7:15 Fireball to say "good morning ladies!" :eek: :D

Spot77 09-02-2014 11:38 AM

That crew is certainly finer lookin' than a mess of ol' catfish. :D

I fished way up the chester years ago....camped at someplace called "Duck Neck" I think????

Anyway, the bass fishing was terrible but we caught plenty of catfish.

Chessie27 09-02-2014 05:17 PM

Duck Neck? :eek: Be grateful catfish is all you caught!! :D Actually I only go by it occasionally when launching a boat, but I have met a lot of folks from there at various places. I have considered camping up there 1 night just to see what really goes on around there. It is always loaded with people.
Of course I also think about going out on one of the head boats in the narrows just to see what goes on there too. What's that saying- curiously killed the cat! :D

bhl 09-03-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18363)
Yesterday was the 7th Annual Chester River Catfish Invitational. We fished from just south of Cliff City up to just above the C R bridge. Shrimp, peelers, and soft crab were the bait options- all seemed to do equally well. The winning fish was 8lbs 10oz. Ours was only around 7lbs so no prize money but i had the best looking crew!!! Nothing like a 7:15 Fireball to say "good morning ladies!" :eek: :D

I need your marketing assistant;). How do you get stuck on a boat full of women while I'm out beating the water with a bunch of beer drinking guys:confused:

bhl (Bruce)

5th Tuition 09-03-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18377)
i need your marketing assistant;). How do you get stuck on a boat full of women while i'm out beating the water with a bunch of beer drinking guys:confused:

Bhl (bruce)

Hair, Hair, Hair

Spot77 09-03-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18374)
Duck Neck? :eek: Be grateful catfish is all you caught!! :D Actually I only go by it occasionally when launching a boat, but I have met a lot of folks from there at various places. I have considered camping up there 1 night just to see what really goes on around there. It is always loaded with people.
Of course I also think about going out on one of the head boats in the narrows just to see what goes on there too. What's that saying- curiously killed the cat! :D

A few of us do a camping/fishing trip twice a year and usually go to Shad Landing on the Pocomoke River, but we decided to try something a little different that year.

It's an interesting campground for sure....lots of year round residents and golf carts. We tent camped right by the water. They have a pretty nice pier and a primitive but functional boat ramp.

I probably wouldn't camp there alone though.....:eek:

shoreboy6 09-03-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18374)

Duck Neck - you would fit right in

Narrows - Not so much. I hear Off Da Hook is pretty good if you want to give it a try though.......

bhl 09-04-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 18378)
Hair, Hair, Hair

Ouch, and I was going to show you some of my fishing spots:p

bhl (Bruce)

Chessie27 09-05-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18387)
Ouch, and I was going to show you some of my fishing spots:p

bhl (Bruce)

Don't worry Bruce, Marty has obviously never seen me w/o a hat on. Kinda looks like this guy :o