CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Mark1234 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3426)

5th Tuition 08-07-2017 06:39 AM

Mark1234

I believe that Mark1234 is in the White Marlin Open in O.C. Today. Best of luck to him and his crew:D:D
5th

B-Faithful 08-07-2017 11:26 AM

Is he fishing his Scarab?

5th Tuition 08-07-2017 01:42 PM

Not sure. Saw on THT Chesapeake thread he was fishing. I sent him a text, but no answer. He's either getting beat to death out there, or, drowning his sorrows about the weather:mad:
Last two days were really nice, low winds and temps in the low 80's.
Today big winds and downpours:mad:

Forecast rain tomorrow morning with weather improving and less wind.

Hope to see a weigh in sometime this week:D
5th

Chessie27 08-07-2017 07:36 PM

Good luck Mark!!!!

Mako mike 08-08-2017 06:40 AM

It ain't fun down there fellas

5th Tuition 08-08-2017 08:06 AM

Haven't been out yet, but looking at the grasses on the dunes, not much wind today.
Forecast on land shows a small thin band will cross OC maybe 10am.

Largest big bands of rain are south of us. So if they turn south out of OC towards Virginia Beach, they are running into worse weather.

Looks like a good couple of days on the "Bay Bee" catching undersized flounder:eek:
5th

5th Tuition 08-09-2017 09:06 PM

Well, I fished the bay today:D
16 inch flounder:mad: some sea robins and Black Sea bass. All undersized :eek:

Texted mark1234 because it was a beautiful day and I knew a slew of boats must have gone out. Watched the parade of boats coming in the inlet at 6pm.
Very few flags flying on returning boats:mad:

Mark said not a good day catching for boats, but several put up on the leaderboard today.

He's fishing tomorrow and Friday, so here's wishing him luck the last two days:D
5th

mark1234 08-10-2017 10:20 PM

Hey guys! Thanks for the well wishes. No, not fishing my boat. I fish on Reel Tight, a 60' Paul Mann, docked at Sunset. When that far offshore, nothing beats a big diesel sportfish. We fished monday with 4-6' seas, no problem. The last 10 miles or so on the ride in got bumpy and nasty, but still no worries in that boat. Saw a few big center consoles that must have been miserable holding on for life, getting rained on and being wind blown. We caught 1 of 2 whites on monday and had a bunch of short mahi bites. We fished 75 miles off the beach today and had 3 bites but didn't hook any of them. Back at it again in about 4 hours for day 3. Hope to get to the scales and play spoiler.

5th Tuition 08-11-2017 08:12 AM

Went to the scales yesterday (Thursday) and saw a White, Wahoo, and two Yellowfin weighed in while I was there. Of course bought a tee shirt or two and watched the girls in the crowd:eek: I must say, the women looked better than the fish, but of course they weren't worth 2.6 million:D

My first experience at the weigh in, had a good time. Just in awe of the boats down here from all over.

Spoke to one guy on a crutch who twisted his knee out in the slop Monday and couldn't fish the rest of the week with his crew. OLD MONEY, he fishes on a boat owned by an heir to CocaCola:). Just shows you the type of entrants the tournament attracts.

I would love to see Mark1234 beat the pants off one of these guys !!!

Headed home tonight to beat the Saturday traffic from the beach, so won't be there to welcome Mark at the weigh in tonight:(

Go get um, hope the reels sing today.
5th

5th Tuition 08-11-2017 08:37 PM

Wow; 1st place fish got bumped on the last day.:eek:
5th