CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DC Metro MSSA, March 3, Shawn Kimbro (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=497)

Bend-Lure 02-25-2010 09:19 PM

DC Metro MSSA, March 3, Shawn Kimbro

All,

The DC Metro MSSA chapter will meet Wednesday March 3 @ 7:30pm. Shawn Kimbro will be our guest speaker. Shawn is a well known local light tackle enthusiast and strong proponent of proper catch and release techniques. Shawn will be sharing with us proper fish handling techniques, and the latest in careful and responsible catch and release practices. Shawn is sure to throw in a few light tackle tips and tricks to. This will be an informative and useful presentation for all tidal anglers. Don’t forget that the new catch and release rockfish regulations go in place March 7, 2010. Be prepared by attending Shawn’s presentation.

Don’t forget to sign up for the spring rockfish tournament. Early bird discount if you register by Feb 28. www.MSSA.net

As usual, we will be sharing fishing reports and tips. I’ll bring some beverages and chips. Door prizes will be fantastic including some nice parachutes, bucktails, and offshore lures!

Don’t miss the meeting, Wednesday March 3, 7:30pm at 4805 Edgemoor ln, Room A, Bethesda, MD 20814. There is plenty of parking, and the meeting room is only a block from the metro.
Email me anytime for more details: President@DCMSSA.org, Check the website: www.DCMSSA.org, Twitter @DCMSSA and facebook: www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

We have some great speakers coming up, so mark your calendars:

April 7, 2010: Captain Greg Buckner Owner & Captain of the Miss Susie charter boat (Spring Rockfish Trolling)
May 5, 2010: Captain Joe Riley of the Muff Diver out of Ocean City, MD (Shark Fishing)
June 2, 2010: Ken Lahr, Owner of Reel Draggin’ Tackle(Offshore trolling tips and tactics)

Thanks,
Jeremy

Blakesdad 02-25-2010 11:20 PM

Kimbros coming to Bethesda huh ??

I'd love to sit in the audience a see how long it takes for me to make him laugh...:D I'm betting I can do it in, oh five minutes....

Might have to take you up on that offer..

Jeremy I can't picture 4805 Edgemore.. Is that between Arlington and Wisconsin ???

Bend-Lure 02-26-2010 10:18 AM

Glad you can join us. It will be another great meeting. I am looking forward to all Shawn has to share.

4805 Edgemoor is on the corner of Edgemoor and Old Georgetown Rd. One block west of Wisconsin Ave. Across the street from the Bethesda Metro station. Parking is available under the building, and the entrance to the garage is on Edgemoor. The entrance to the building is next to Crossfire Grill.

See you there.

Blakesdad 03-02-2010 08:18 PM

Jeremy I'm trying to bring a contingent from Upper Mo Co , can I bring anything ?? Eats, drink ???

mlag 03-02-2010 08:33 PM

Shawn who?:D OH>>>>>that "troller" dude. Ok.....now I know who you mean:D.........................Mark

drichitt 03-02-2010 08:52 PM

Shawn - How are you going to leave that pretty new Judge when it will be only 2 days old? Mlag and I will be there to keep you cheered up...Don

Shawn Kimbro 03-02-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 4949)
Shawn - How are you going to leave that pretty new Judge when it will be only 2 days old? Mlag and I will be there to keep you cheered up...Don

One day old! I just got parked it in the driveway a few hours ago. Wouldn't you know it, full morning at work so she'll have to sit tomorrow. That's alright though, really looking forward to the meeting tomorrow night.

But I don't care if it's 40 knots Thursday and Friday.... I'm fishing!

drichitt 03-02-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro (Post 4950)
One day old! I just got parked it in the driveway a few hours ago. Wouldn't you know it, full morning at work so she'll have to sit tomorrow. That's alright though, really looking forward to the meeting tomorrow night.

With that bad ass boat, you got no excuses now:D. Looking forward to tomorrow....Don

Baldzilla 03-02-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Count me in!!! :D

spynet000 03-02-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

:eek::eek: Make sure you transfer the special sauce from Crocketts Reel:D