CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hoopersville and the Honga (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2586)

Chessie27 06-01-2014 09:04 PM

Hoopersville and the Honga

Towed the 22' to Hooper's Island yesterday afternoon. Hit the Honga in search of croaker. Found plenty in the Honga but only a few were over the 10"min we set. (Next time it will be 14"+ as four fish only produced 11oz of fillets :eek:)

I absolutely love it down there!! Big water and lots of it. Today's weather was perfect. Took the trip around the middle and lower island just because it was sooo nice out I didn't want to come in! I can't wait until our next trip.

Ps- As always, awesome dinner last night at Old Saltys.

shoreboy6 06-02-2014 10:13 AM

Sweet! U made out better than I did in the Chester yesterday. I lost a 1.5 oz. rattletrap at the first stop, cost more than the gas for the trip

Botumfedr 06-04-2014 07:25 AM

One of my favorite areas to fish but don't get down there from Annapolis area very often. No traffic on the water and a pristine part of the bay. Always new areas of shoreline to check out and a great area to fish when the bay is snotty. I run a 19' skiff so it's nice to stay behind the islands when I can't get out into the main bay. My bucket list has the desire to become more knowledgeable about the area and hit the trout along those shorelines with some success.

Chessie27 06-04-2014 04:29 PM

Looks like I am skipping the Rock Hall and the Kent Island tourney this weekend and going back down to Hooper's for fri and sat night!! Forget the croaker, I 'm hunting for red, specks, and Rock. :)

Good luck to those that are partaking in the tournaments!!

Fish Nut 06-05-2014 05:27 AM

Jeff, I may be down in the area Saturday. Scouting the back cuts in the marsh. Near Bennets an the ditch/cut. I haven't found the specs. I'll be looking for a pod of horse croaker and some reds The next crab molt is in a week so fish may start targetting the crab.

Bust em baits hooked me up with some small swim baits similar to a DOA. I need to give them a whirl. :D

I'll be launching lower hoppers or smithvile. I'll be buzzen around in a cc14 skiff or a sea ark aluminum with a big ass mud motor on it.

Chessie27 06-05-2014 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great, we can cover more ground with the buddy system. Call me when you get overboard and I'll tell you what I know (shouldn't take too long :D). My club's house is next to the bridge leading onto the middle island. I will be with my bride Margaret and maybe our dogs. 410-708-0087 cell

Saturday is forecasted to be beautiful!!! Here's a pic of the JUST BECAUSE and I hope to see you. I still have your number as ending in 63??

Luv2fishcb 06-05-2014 06:15 AM

I love that area too. My Parker Pilothouse isn't the best suited for getting up close in the skinny water. I wish I could get my skiff across the bay from Solomons to hit those spots. I've even thought of towing the skiff across with the Parker. This year I will throw a kayak on the Parker and just spend some time exploring. Great place guys, I envy you.

Steve

Fish Nut 06-06-2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 17969)
Great, we can cover more ground with the buddy system. Call me when you get overboard and I'll tell you what I know (shouldn't take too long :D). My club's house is next to the bridge leading onto the middle island. I will be with my bride Margaret and maybe our dogs. 410-708-0087 cell

Saturday is forecasted to be beautiful!!! Here's a pic of the JUST BECAUSE and I hope to we fou see you. I still have your number as ending in 63??

10-4. I be in the water around 6. We found a few big croaker two weeks ago. Mostly smaller ones. My local friends said things have picked up the past few days.

Lets keep in touch. I'll be in the aluminum boat so skinny not a problem:D.

I'll also be back at the area next week:D