CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NO spring MSSA tourney (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3509)

Chessie27 03-02-2018 06:50 AM

NO spring MSSA tourney

No surprise here. According to a post on Tidalflush, the spring tourney has been cancelled for 2018. Not trying to get a 20page rant going here, just parleying info that may or may not be accurate.

5th Tuition 03-02-2018 09:39 AM

Guess Jason was winning too much money from them:D
5th

I'm actually glad that I can now get out that weekend:) Usually skip this weekend because of the number of boats on the water:mad:
5th

B-Faithful 03-02-2018 02:38 PM

Chapters seem to be peeling off too.. Which is kind of ironic because the chapter presidents/reprentatives were who sat on the board and were to be providing oversight of the HQ.

My bet is that the Rod and Reel tournament grows by quite a bit this year, especially if they put a weigh station up north.

Spot77 03-07-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 23150)
No surprise here. According to a post on Tidalflush, the spring tourney has been cancelled for 2018. Not trying to get a 20page rant going here, just parleying info that may or may not be accurate.

To hear some of the locals talk, there's likely a bounty on a certain person's head,

Heck even I learned a few new cuss words listening to some of the locals ranting.:eek:

5th Tuition 03-07-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 23161)
To hear some of the locals talk, there's likely a bounty on a certain person's head,

Heck even I learned a few new cuss words listening to some of the locals ranting.:eek:

Dastardly Dave:D
5th

Spot77 03-08-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 23163)
Dastardly Dave:D
5th

It's not sounding good for him.

So if the MSSA folds, or fails to recover significantly from this, who or what fills the void? Will there really be a void? Tournaments will still happen; maybe we'll see more or better tournaments. What about political lobbying? What other essential services do they provide?

5th Tuition 03-08-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 23169)
What about political lobbying? What other essential services do they provide?

MSSA hasn't spoken for me since they supported the 6 rod Pre-Season C/R regulation.
As far as I'm concerned, they "fold" at every opportunity.
5th

reds 03-09-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 23170)
MSSA hasn't spoken for me since they supported the 6 rod Pre-Season C/R regulation.
As far as I'm concerned, they "fold" at every opportunity.
5th

Gotta wonder whether MSSA and CCA knew about the 3 rod trick DNR tried to pull off a few years ago.

Every SF Commission meeting I have ever been to the members are always given a sheet with the general assembly bills pertaining to rec fishing.

B-Faithful 03-09-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 23175)
Gotta wonder whether MSSA and CCA knew about the 3 rod trick DNR tried to pull off a few years ago.

Every SF Commission meeting I have ever been to the members are always given a sheet with the general assembly bills pertaining to rec fishing.

I don't think a MSSA representative showed up to the SFAC meetings regularly. I think that is why they lost their seat for a while. I would be curious to see when all that went down who was (or was not) in attendance at that SFAC meeting..

I dont think CCA cares if a rod restriction was put on those fishing the bay. They tend to have mostly a light tackle and fly fishing constituency.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone see the ads for the CBSFA tournament that is following the MSSA format. I guess someone saw dollar signs and put together a new "fishing club" with no board or oversight as a cash grab.

While I often dont like new unnecessary regulations, I would like to see DNR impose two things: 1. require proof of insurance to run charters to protect passengers (provide insurance certificate at the time you get the charter boat license, not FGR or TFL). 2. Proof of event/organization insurance to host a tournament, especially if there are prizes over a certain value. (wouldnt impact small club tournaments)