CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   11/6 - upper bay (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3043)

Chessie27 11-07-2015 01:26 AM

11/6 - upper bay

Had No Ragrets with me and a couple rookie Jersey boys for crew. Trolled channel edges south of Ptap. Picked at them from 7:30- noonish but did get 8 fish limit from 20"-26" (perfect eaters and 1st fish of the year I have kept for myself.)

Did best weaving and bobbing thru crab pots in 30-45' of water. Ran 7 boat rods- caught on umbrellas, spoons , and bucktails. Oddly enough- blank screen = no fish; marks = fish. Who would have thunk? Skip even showed up jigging just as we were finishing up on the troll.

Shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops in November = perfect weather for us fat guys!! :D. WAAAAY better day than working!!

bhl 11-07-2015 08:13 AM

Sounds like a nice day. I can't wait to get the OK to go out again. Hope to get the OK to drive on Thursday.

Skip 11-07-2015 12:05 PM

I give you mad props for trolling through that mess of crab and eel pots floats.

I've seen it bad but that was crazy mine field. Saw few trollers backing down to try and recovery snagged gear.

Decided to play it safe and LTJ - put 4 in cooler - let go 5-6 just 20 inchers - plus handful of 18-19 ( 2014 keepers ).

Unreal being in T shirts out there.

No Ragrets 11-08-2015 10:20 AM

Skip, I don't know how Jeff missed all the pots. There were times I was trying to take over steering from the back due to his driving. He kept me very busy resetting planners and untangling lines from his evasive manuvers. I will say that I always enjoy spending the day on the Justified and it was the first time I have ever been asked what's that thing is called that holds all the line(he was referring to the reel). He did manage to lose old faithful(my favorite lure) but I think that was on purpose because he was tired of hearing me tell him that it caught another fish.

Chessie27 11-08-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Ragrets (Post 20556)
Skip, I don't know how Jeff missed all the pots. There were times I was trying to take over steering from the back due to his driving. He kept me very busy resetting planners and untangling lines from his evasive manuvers. I will say that I always enjoy spending the day on the Justified and it was the first time I have ever been asked what's that thing is called that holds all the line(he was referring to the reel). He did manage to lose old faithful(my favorite lure) but I think that was on purpose because he was tired of hearing me tell him that it caught another fish.

Only because "old faithful" came out of a pile of crap that I gave away to some poor Parker owner ! :eek: