CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wow Thought It Was Early Spring Again (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1925)

garlien 08-23-2012 10:40 AM

Wow Thought It Was Early Spring Again

2 Attachment(s)
Hit the area between Podickery and Baltimore Light last night. Ended up with about 10 stripers the smallest was 24" and the largest was a very fat 29 to 30" fish...They were all very, very fat...Much more like spring fish than summer...

I was using 2 rods and Tony Spoons. One had 4oz inline and the other 2oz inline....North to South seemed to be the better direction to troll that east to west...

Also caught a few in the 20" range much further north on light tackle.

I attached some pics...

Sorry I have not been posting more, been out a lot, and doing well...Spending a lot more time on the water than on the computer....

:)

5th Tuition 08-23-2012 11:52 AM

Mike; I was hopeing you would post. I didn't want to give away your success from last night.

I can't believe the bait in the area. No wonder the fish are in there. I will be away today and tomorrow, but maybe we can get out this weekend for a few hours when I get back. We can drag Scott along as well:D.

On a side note; I rode past Mikes's Crab House North the other day and it looks like a decent place to hold another meeting one weekday.
5th (Marty)

garlien 08-23-2012 12:24 PM

Sounds like a plan...If I can do that well with two rods, wonder how well we could do with 12 ? Let me know...Not sure how Saturday looks for Scott, will check with him...Sunday may be good...Will let ya know...

Have not been to Mike's since they changed it from Windows but the reviews I have heard were all good...Sounds like a plan to finish out the summer well and welcome the fall bite...

:)

Skip 08-23-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks for posting.

That general area has always been good but normally in late Sept. / October.

Wonder why they are there early this year ?

Ed D 08-23-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 13902)
Thanks for posting.

The fish want to eat earlier for when the world ends on December 21-22:eek:...used to love that #17 Tony in Chesapeake Bay color.

Caught a lot of fish in that area with them and #14-15 in gold...

one fish 08-24-2012 10:17 AM

wtg. congrats.
thx for the very good report.:)

drichitt 08-24-2012 09:46 PM

Way to catch 'em up Mike

Spot77 08-25-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 13902)
Thanks for posting.

Also noteworthy are the amounts of Flounder and Red Drum being caught at the mouth of the Little Magothy (which is near Podickery Point.) No size to them. but the Perch fisherman have been pulling them up with some frequency.

seahuntr 08-26-2012 11:16 AM

WOW!!! Very nice.