CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Have You Noticed the Banner Ads? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1678)

Spot77 01-27-2012 08:50 AM

Have You Noticed the Banner Ads?

When we were getting bombarded with spam about 2 weeks ago the banner ads were all running "Russian Soulmate" and "Increase Your Libido" ads....

I started that thread about ice fishing and what pops up?

(No Marty it's not an ad about a bitter ex-wife.....:p )

An ad for ice fishing shelters.:)

So........please don't put words like "dil_do" or "azz funk" in your threads. Lord knows what kind of ads we would see.:eek:

(words intentionally ghetto'd to avoid the ads that....well...the ads I'm trying to avoid!)

garlien 01-27-2012 10:29 AM

What the hell is wrong with Eastern European Hotties ?

Skip 01-27-2012 08:59 PM

I get either Judge yachts or Meet Severn singles.

yachtjim 01-28-2012 07:49 PM

The ads are served by google based on your interests. It is not very dependant on what is in the thread you are looking at. Google knows what you like and will serve ads accordingly. So the guy above that sees Severn Singles Ads, you are probably looking for a date. If you see political ads, you probably read lots of political stuff online. If you see religious stuff, phone sex ads, whatever,. its based on your interests and you are the only one on this site seeing those ads.

Spot77 01-29-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yachtjim (Post 12495)
The ads are served by google based on your interests. It is not very dependant on what is in the thread you are looking at. Google knows what you like and will serve ads accordingly. So the guy above that sees Severn Singles Ads, you are probably looking for a date. If you see political ads, you probably read lots of political stuff online. If you see religious stuff, phone sex ads, whatever,. its based on your interests and you are the only one on this site seeing those ads.

So Skip is looking for some women (presumably :p) to take out on the new Judge that he's going to buy?

Got it.

:D

Good thing all I see is ads for fishing stuff.:cool:

B-Faithful 01-29-2012 02:59 PM

I get Judge, ING Direct, and some fishing game ad.

It must be saying that my savings are gone, i have to sell the Judge but there is an online fishing game I can do. :eek:

Skip 01-29-2012 03:06 PM

Crazy how pop up ads appear .

There is a very hardcore death metal video site I go to - 99% sure FBI tracks the users - it's that insane. It takes sick / twisted to the extreme.

There will be a cool video playing - then a pop up ad for " Date single Christians in your area " will pop up :confused::confused:

Later - a pop up for some old country song video will pop up.

Not sure best return for advertisement dollars there.

Fish Nut 01-29-2012 05:38 PM

All, I get are these annoying adds for the schticky. Damm you Marty:D