CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Charlie Schneider update (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2331)

5th Tuition 09-02-2013 06:23 PM

Charlie Schneider update

I've been trying to get Charlie on the cell phone for a couple of days:eek: I was starting to get worried about his progress with his skin grafts:mad:
However, all is well. Charlie doesn't get the best cell reception on the Island (a new cell tower is going in soon) and he wasn't getting my messages.
Charlie says the legs are healing nicely. He is getting around better, but his muscles have lost strength over this ordeal and he is slowly building them back up.
I reminded him that whenever he feels up to a boat ride, he has a bunch of invitations. He says his only problem is that if he went now, he would only sit for a while before he had to get involved in fishing. With the Drs. telling him to NOT get those legs wet, he has decided to stay off the boats for a while longer.
I can only assume that he can still read posts, but cannot log in and post a reply.
Sooooo, if you want to say hey, post something here.
5th (Marty)

one fish 09-02-2013 07:57 PM

get well

thx for the update.
Continue to get well Charlie. I'm sure it has been a tough road.
see u on the water soon enough.
Ron:)

mlag 09-03-2013 07:55 PM

Hang in there Charlie. Hopefully see you on the water soon...............Mark

bhl 09-04-2013 07:51 AM

Charlie, Glad your home. It's got to be more comfortable than the hospital. I hope this e-mail finds you healing quickly.

bhl (Bruce)
36 Judge "HOOK 'EM"

Skip 09-04-2013 06:37 PM

Hope you heal up 100%.

Saw some photos - no wonder you called an ambulance.

Chessie27 09-04-2013 08:39 PM

Charlie,
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you get back out on the Bay soon!

Rivercat09 09-09-2013 10:47 AM

Good to hear the progress. Get well soon Charlie!

Don

Capt. Charlie 10-23-2013 01:32 PM

Capt. Charlie is back !

I'm still having problems with this site so I hope this gets through :o
First and foremost I want to thank Marty for sticking with me throughout this ordeal!! Of course thanks go out to all of you who kept me in your prayers and sent good wishes. Believe me when I say that it really meant a lot!
I finally was able to get out with the help of a cane, on Labor Day! Still didn't have the strength to stay on my feet but it has gotten better ,each day since then. I was able to get off the pain meds and ditch the cane shortly thereafter :p I have some residual swelling but considering the wounds it's really nothing but annoying. The grafts have taken nicely but everything won't be healed for a few months yet. That's OK since I didn't plan on entering any 10K races or beauty contests just yet. I pulled my boat yesterday :( Fishing will have to wait until next year :mad:
I know that you have heard it from Marty but PLEASE listen to me: Do not go near the bay with open wounds on your body. You must have real water-proof bandages (Band-Aids don't work)! #2. If you have any swelling/itching/burning on a wound received while fishing on your boat....
DO NOT WAIT!!! GO IMMEDIATELY TO A DR. OR E.R. , make sure you mention salt water involvement. The VIBRIO bacteria can kill you in 72hours!!
I was very lucky and had great doctors at Shock-Trauma but I almost didn't make it. Please don't take any chances.
Tight Lines
Capt. Charlie Schneider

5th Tuition 10-23-2013 03:40 PM

Charlie, glad to see you back on this board:D. We sure have missed you and your reports.
I pulled my boat today:eek: no more fishing from my slip. I will trailer from now on, until the end of the Virginia season on Dec. 31st. If we get a pretty day in early Jan., we may try for ocean city rock:)
You looked great at your Celebration Party, and it was good to finally meet Marilyn.
Mark 3/17/14 on your calendar. St Patricks day is when I usually start PSCR.
I'll see you at the flea markets,
Marty

Chessie27 10-23-2013 05:44 PM

Glad to hear you are back on your feet. What happened to you is terrifying to me and very depressing. I guess they should change the book's name to Beautiful Swimmers (Without Open Wounds)? :eek: But thanks to you and Tawn's misfortune, I now own 2 pairs of Fish Off gloves and plan to use them when handling fish from here on out. So at least it wasn't all for nothing, hopefully several others learned from your unfortunate experience as well. Glad you're feeling better!