CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A Lot of Jumpers Lately...... (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1685)

Spot77 02-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southerly (Post 12549)
i expect 15/yr is likely more accurate.

the fellow i was talking to was (a yellow truck driver) working bridge maintence. a call came over the radio; a code ??? (can't remember) for a jumper. he was all excited like it was entertainment for his day, and we talked about jumpers for awhile.

not a jumper necessarily, but i sometimes think that sooner or later, finding a body somewhere floating will become part of my chesapeake experience. glad to say, that's not happened so far.

I've found 3 neat things while out on the water.

1. A really nice maroon fender....looked big enough for a 30'+ boat. It was floating in the middle of the Magothy.

2. A cheap life jacket. It was right after a bad storm blew through quickly, so I hope nobody was supposed to be attached to it.:eek:

3. About 10 or 11 years ago I was out on a charter fishing out of Chesapeake Beach. One of my clients had a nice bend in a rod and started reeling it in. Turns out he caught a nice trolling rod that another captain had lost a few days prior.

Not looking forward to finding a body. :(

Southerly 02-01-2012 06:54 PM

i've found 2 hypodermics. one on kent island and one on western shore. at

first, i was disgusted beyond belief - the idea of someone dumping hospital waste in the bay!

then, i was disgusted beyond belief - probly junkies' needles washing off the streets. :mad:

drichitt 02-01-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 12542)
We can scatter them around "Howards Subway":D
Good place for a "wake".
5th

Hey Marty...isn't it about time for another get together? I switched over to Coronas recently and want to see if the love affair is still good:D. Need to pick a night when Skip doesn't have a Scout meeting:p. Sorry for the hijack:rolleyes:

5th Tuition 02-02-2012 08:56 AM

I have no problem setting up another "Howards Subway" meeting. We have TriState this weekend and PSG is coming up around the 18th; how about a meeting after that to compare what we all bought for the coming season?

Maybe someone with a boat that's not winterized will take me to the "secrete spot" before then and we can have some photo's of C/R fish to share at the meeting. (hint, hint)
On one of the TF threads, someone posted the rock and bait are stacked up off the Rappahanook right now:D. A trip south to PLO may produce in a few weeks. My earliest trolling success during a past warm winter was March 17th (St Patricks Day).
5th (Marty)

garlien 02-02-2012 09:50 AM

Um I second what Marty says, if you need someone to tag along and take fish off the hooks for you, I am all in...

Don, you finally found the pure golden joy that is Corona, Mexico must have been really nice...Will have to share some of my best stories about Mexico and Corona with ya...

5th Tuition 02-02-2012 10:10 AM

I've got unused gas money burning a hole in my pocket:eek:.
5th

garlien 02-02-2012 11:09 PM

I think I do as well...

Spot77 02-03-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 12562)
I've got unused gas money burning a hole in my pocket:eek:.
5th

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 12572)
I think I do as well...

I hate you both.

garlien 02-03-2012 11:10 AM

Ok, ok I have unused gas money for Scott too...

5th Tuition 02-03-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 12578)
Ok, ok I have unused gas money for Scott too...

Me too:)
5th