CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CBA fishing tournament 10/12 - Who is in? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3639)

garlien 09-29-2019 08:27 PM

CBA fishing tournament 10/12 - Who is in?

Have not heard from anyone... Is anyone going to fish the tournament?

bhl 09-30-2019 05:03 AM

I'm trying to gather up a crew now.

5th Tuition 10-02-2019 05:58 PM

I can now say, "I'm in."
5th

mlag 10-02-2019 06:50 PM

I'm in boys

garlien 10-03-2019 01:47 PM

Awesome 4 of us so far!

I will send my check to Mike by tomorrow.

Any thought to maybe heading to someplace like Mike's North afterwards for a congratulatory beer for the winner?

Mako mike 10-03-2019 01:52 PM

Hoping I’m in just need to see how things go after stitches come out of the ol leg

Chessie27 10-06-2019 12:45 PM

Unfortunately, I’m prolly out - Marg has to work boat show and we all know she is the one who catches the fish on the JUSTIFIED! :rolleyes:

Rockin' Robin 10-07-2019 12:21 PM

I am in! Looks like it should be a nice day.

5th Tuition 10-07-2019 03:10 PM

Mlag needs some rules. Lines in (what time). Check-in time? Coordinates for the marina? That kind of thing.

With just a few of us participating, I'll have my cash entry fee with me that day.

As far as rules, I told MLAG: No live bait, no fishing below Sandy Point Light, his check-in time is 10:30am, and we deduct one inch from his fish for every gallon of fuel burned (he's coming from South River) ckl, ckl, ckl

Good luck to everyone.
5th

garlien 10-07-2019 05:07 PM

Ok. I will bring my cash with me as well.

So all fishing above the bridge and no spot?

I am good with that.

Evens it out for all of us.

5th Tuition 10-07-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 23845)
Ok. I will bring my cash with me as well.

So all fishing above the bridge and no spot?

I am good with that.

Evens it out for all of us.

Mike (Garlien); That was all tongue in cheek for Mlag. As per last year, no conditions on bait or location.
5th

garlien 10-08-2019 06:26 AM

Lol...

So now I know a few things.

Fish below the bridge, make sure I have enough spot, make sure I have the biggest fish by 1030 AM...

Easy, thanks for the heads up!

Safe fishing to all this weekend.

Mako mike 10-08-2019 10:40 AM

Here are the lat/lons I took from the website 391449840 764582040. Im not sure where exactly this will put you but should be close enough that you’ll see channel markers and basin entrance. Since we moved tournament up and still have daylight what is everyone’s thoughts on final time for weigh in at 2:00pm? Also not many boats have come out of the marina for the season so check in will be at fish cleaning station. I will talk with management as to where we may be able to tie boats up. If your local like Marty and Garlein I’d suggest you come by with vehicle but will post if they are able to handle all boats involved. I don’t foresee any problems with this.

bhl 10-16-2019 05:56 AM

Congratulations to the 5th (Marty) and crew for catching the winning fish again this year;).
It was a tough day fishing and water was loaded with debris. I never caught a legal fish:mad: but at least I didn't hit a log.
There's always next year !!!

5th Tuition 10-16-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 23851)
Congratulations to the 5th (Marty) and crew for catching the winning fish again this year;).
It was a tough day fishing and water was loaded with debris. I never caught a legal fish:mad: but at least I didn't hit a log.
There's always next year !!!

Thanks Bruce:)
It was tough fishing. What you failed to mention beside the debris, is that it was caused by unusually high "King Tides". Constant wind for the week prior to the tournament from offshore storms combined with a full moon, made getting to the boats an experience.
Calvin and I had to wade through only an inch of water over the pier. Mlag had several inches over his pier, and Mako Mike had knee deep water to tread through before getting to his floating pier:eek:
With tides so high, the current was screaming out of the bay. I hang a bilge pump over the side to pump fresh bay water into my spot container. The bilge pump has a 12 ounce sinker attached to keep it underwater while I sit stationary fishing.
The current was running so strong that it kept lifting my bilge pump out of the water and sucking air:D
I eventually removed it and simply went with my wash down pump for fresh bay water.
Obviously, the fish were less cooperative. We were very lucky to hang the winning fish early in the morning. Calvin had hand surgery about a month earlier and this was his first attempt to hold a fishing rod in a long time. Lucky for me, he pulled this fish out of the bridge pilings.
I can't wait for next year:)
5th