CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Foggy trip below the bay bridge 12-8 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2052)

Chessie27 12-08-2012 05:41 PM

Foggy trip below the bay bridge 12-8

I hate fog!! Tried at the CR Bouy today and had a fish on a spreader bar with 28oz inline back 70'. Only on for a short time, til it got into an umbrella. Only knockdown all day. Saw 5th so I knew I was in the right area, just didn't work out for me. Never saw a fish caught all day. Had to pull up early to run the 35 miles back home so a crew member could be back in time to keep the Mrs happy. I hate fog!! Surprised at the number of boats from Bloody to the bridge. Did I mention I don't care much for fog? Trying jigging above the bridge in the morning! Thinking of it as tailgating so if I don't catch anything, that's just 1 less thing I need to do before kick off!

PS- fog sucks!

Spot77 12-09-2012 01:23 AM

The fog has been pretty gnarly all evening. I hope the rescue guys out looking for the bridge jumper are safe.....if the guy/girl actually went over. I know the local trucks were out for a long time and I heard the dive squad being called for around 8pm. :(

Chessie27 12-09-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 14526)
bridge jumper? :(

Oh no! I can't understand why someone would do that. I hope they found them. Headed out to Love Point for some jigging shortly. Fortunatly i have a 12kw radar 'cause it has been getting a real workout lately...

5th Tuition 12-09-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 14526)
The fog has been pretty gnarly all evening. I hope the rescue guys out looking for the bridge jumper are safe.....if the guy/girl actually went over. I know the local trucks were out for a long time and I heard the dive squad being called for around 8pm. :(

This is such a hard time of the year for many people. God knows I count my blessings. If you are "depressed" or "despondent"; please seek help. Professional help is best, but if all you need is a day with friends near the water, send me a PM. When rock season is done, I often fish some ponds on the eastern shore for Bass, Pickeral, and Crappie during the off-season. We have a great group of guys (from this board) who make the day pass with laughter and good humor:D.
I remember a few years ago when one of the Tidal Fish guys went over the bridge; what a sad loss to his young family. Your situation among the group will be held in strict confidence.
Celabrate what you have:):):)
Enough preaching for today, back to fishing:D
5th (Marty)

Spot77 12-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 14532)
This is such a hard time of the year for many people. God knows I count my blessings. If you are "depressed" or "despondent"; please seek help. Professional help is best, but if all you need is a day with friends near the water, send me a PM. When rock season is done, I often fish some ponds on the eastern shore for Bass, Pickeral, and Crappie during the off-season. We have a great group of guys (from this board) who make the day pass with laughter and good humor:D.
I remember a few years ago when one of the Tidal Fish guys went over the bridge; what a sad loss to his young family. Your situation among the group will be held in strict confidence.
Celabrate what you have:):):)
Enough preaching for today, back to fishing:D
5th (Marty)

Yeah we end up cracking more jokes than catching fish most days. It's very therapeutic.

By the way Marty, I went back to those ponds once in late spring and caught dozens of nice Crappie floating a little tube under a bobber.

5th Tuition 12-09-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 14535)
Yeah we end up cracking more jokes than catching fish most days. It's very therapeutic.

By the way Marty, I went back to those ponds once in late spring and caught dozens of nice Crappie floating a little tube under a bobber.

Ok; you need to show me how to do that. I keep "Clydes" bait and tackle shop in business with buying "shiners" all winter:D.
5th (Marty)