CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New home on South River (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=559)

Hockleyneck 03-13-2010 03:49 PM

New home on South River

I signed up for a slip at Turkey Point Marina today and stopped by Marty's. I bought my son a t-shirt and myself some terminal tackle. Jim showed me a Carrot Stick with a Shimano spinning reel that was incredibly light. I have been using Calcutta's for years, but this was a pretty nice setup. Jim also showed me the new Baitrunner which is much lighter than the older version I have. Looking forward to being closer to home and not having to deal with Route 3 all the time.

5th Tuition 03-13-2010 04:42 PM

Rich; glad you're closer to home. 5th (Marty)

mlag 03-13-2010 05:02 PM

You will like your new location. I launch out of South River marina just across the cove. Easy and quick access to the bay.....................Mark

Hakuna Matata 03-13-2010 06:17 PM

Turkey Point is a beautiful Island and the marina looks pretty nice too. Good luck with everything.

-JB

drichitt 03-13-2010 07:04 PM

You didn't waste any time Rich. Glad you found a new home. I use to use TPM back in the 70's for most of my work and winter haul out. Not sure if the same family owns the place; wouldn't make any difference cause I can't remember anyway:confused:. I just remember they were real nice to deal with.....Don

Stinkbait 03-13-2010 09:19 PM

Rich,
Welcome to the South River. I never get tired of watching the sunrise coming outta the river in front of me with TPL in the forefront...just beautiful. I see the Lighthouse on the way out, and in...just perty.

It was nice meeting you and young Mr. Will.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jim

Old No.7 03-13-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 5355)
You didn't waste any time Rich. Glad you found a new home. I use to use TPM back in the 70's for most of my work and winter haul out. Not sure if the same family owns the place; wouldn't make any difference cause I can't remember anyway:confused:. I just remember they were real nice to deal with.....Don

WHOOOA don't mean to be a thread jacker, but DON.. where the HE..LL did you come up with that fishin' beast in your Profile Picture!? SWEET FISHIN' BOAT MAN!!! Let me know if you need somone to set the gear why you're busy being a Capt'n!!!

Stinkbait 03-13-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old No.7 (Post 5359)
WHOOOA don't mean to be a thread jacker, but DON.. where the HE..LL did you come up with that fishin' beast in your Profile Picture!? SWEET FISHIN' BOAT MAN!!! Let me know if you need somone to set the gear why you're busy being a Capt'n!!!

Phil....

I think we both know where this is going. :rolleyes:

I would think Don and Capt. Mrs. Drichitt would like to pull in a few 40"er's on their new ride.

I bet you are about June, July-down on the HO list.

Jim

Blakesdad 03-14-2010 05:50 AM

Use to launch out of Londontown back in the day, great central locale.. Just gotta get in and out before the Yahoos take over the river.

Hockleyneck 03-14-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 5351)
You will like your new location. I launch out of South River marina just across the cove. Easy and quick access to the bay.....................Mark

Mark I found your bmail from a few months ago to see where you were keeping your boat. I remebered how much you like your marina, was hoping to be somewhere with other tfers/cbanglers. Turkey Point gave me a slip right on the bulkhead for great price which was a big consideration. I really like Mike at Breezy, but I will not miss the drive and mud.