CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mini pillage today!! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2507)

Chessie27 03-29-2014 02:52 PM

Mini pillage today!!

Hit Fair Hills today for a shot at opening day of trout. I was a First timer and it was a little something different. Even though it rained most of the trip, it was nice to get out fishing for the first time since Dec!! A couple rainbows on a super ultralight = fun time!! The hike down to the stream was a bit long but pale in comparison to the walk back ... uphill!! :eek: I think I am built more for broomsticks and the captain's chair! :D

Spot77 03-30-2014 02:05 PM

I don't know where Fair Hills is but a buddy of mine caught quite a few Rainbow Trout yesterday up around Rocks State Park. Nice size to all of them.

I tried an eastern shore pond last Friday with no luck. My wife was with me so I was on limited time. Last time she went out with me she broke her ankle walking downhill to where I was fishing. No broken bones this time, so I guess I could say this trip was way better than the last one with her. :)

garlien 03-30-2014 10:20 PM

Time to get the boat back in the slip I guess...

Thought about heading down to Beachwood park and trying for some yellows but the rain has been non stop...I would join Scott's wife with a broken ankle walking down the hill to the fishing area there...

Looks like this week the temps are getting back to where they should be highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s....

Starting to sound like boating weather to me !

Chessie27 03-31-2014 10:03 AM

Fair Hills state park is in Cecil Co above Elkton. Very pretty setting but humping them hills ain't my thing.

Finally going to bottom paint the boat this afternoon. :) 20 mph winds means she sure should dry quickly! :eek:

Rivercat09 03-31-2014 12:13 PM

Sweet! Were you using spinners or flies?

shoreboy6 03-31-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 17524)
Fair Hills state park is in Cecil Co above Elkton. Very pretty setting but humping them hills ain't my thing.

You didn't happen to hear any banjos playing in the background did ya..........

Chessie27 03-31-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 17526)
Sweet! Were you using spinners or flies?

I used a Super ultralight spinning rod. Tried using gulp bait and jigs. Saw some using spinner baits as well. Most were using spinning gear with bait balls though.

Shoreboy6- if the banjo was playing on the walk back up, I believe I might have a boyfriend right now. :eek: Unfortunately there is no way I could have outrun him up that hill. Not going back now that I know that could've happened.