CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   All ready-I think (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2500)

5th Tuition 03-23-2014 03:24 PM

All ready-I think

I spent most of yesterday (60*) getting all my tackle back on the boat. Right now, no boards, as I expect most fish and bait to be deep; but most everything else I need to troll 6 rods is stached away.

Every year, my first trip out, I forget something:eek: It might be as simple as my pliers, or something as big as my stickers:eek: I always get my registration and boat sticker during the winter and put them in a drawer somewhere for spring. I hate to put them on the boat when the temp. is under 50*:)

So who knows what I forgot this year. Tell me some of the things you forgot, only to realize it during your "shakedown" cruise:rolleyes: I know one year, I forgot the net, but most of the time I use a "boga grip" during PSCR so the net doesn't harm fish:D

Am I the only one having "senior moments"?
What have you forgotten?
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 03-23-2014 05:35 PM

I ran my boat Friday testing out my new electronics and forgot to put my registration decals on the side. They were in the cabin in my documents bag though. I bought them in Jan to possibly fish out of OCMD and never made the trip so the decals failed to make it on the hull.

Chessie27 03-23-2014 06:54 PM

It's been soooo cold for sooo long, I have forgotten to get the boat ready!! Waiting for a little hull glass work to be done before I can bottom paint before going over. No water yet where she sits on the hard so can't even wash her down 'til she goes over. Still hoping to be in by April 1st though :o

Skip 03-23-2014 07:07 PM

I've left my sunglasses in the truck ( wear prescription ) - remembered about 8:00 as sun got real bright.

Left lunch home 3-4 times.

Forgot rubber bands once for planers.

Left camera home - on day C/R one of biggest Rockfish alone.

Once left scuba dive mask home - found out after wreck had been grappled :rolleyes: Had to leave it on a jug and go back later.

I'm lucky in fact boat can stay safely loaded and often have day or two to prepare any gear changes.

bhl 03-24-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 17459)
I spent most of yesterday (60*) getting all my tackle back on the boat. Right now, no boards, as I expect most fish and bait to be deep; but most everything else I need to troll 6 rods is stached away.

Every year, my first trip out, I forget something:eek: It might be as simple as my pliers, or something as big as my stickers:eek: I always get my registration and boat sticker during the winter and put them in a drawer somewhere for spring. I hate to put them on the boat when the temp. is under 50*:)

So who knows what I forgot this year. Tell me some of the things you forgot, only to realize it during your "shakedown" cruise:rolleyes: I know one year, I forgot the net, but most of the time I use a "boga grip" during PSCR so the net doesn't harm fish:D

Am I the only one having "senior moments"?
What have you forgotten?
5th (Marty)

4:30 am I pull out of my slip at the Sunset Marina in OC with 3 crew members. We run about 35 miles toward the rockpile, I slow down and the crew deploys a 7 rod spread. I see a flash in the spread and its fish on:D.
Crew puts a 12 pound Mahi on the deck and opens the fish box:eek: who forgot the ice?? We had to take the ice out of the bait cooler and lunch coolers to make it through the day. That was 5 years ago, and I don't think I was considered a "senior" yet. *hit happens and usually at the worst times.

bhl (Bruce)

Rivercat09 03-25-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 17463)
I've left my sunglasses in the truck ( wear prescription ) - remembered about 8:00 as sun got real bright.

Left lunch home 3-4 times.

Forgot rubber bands once for planers.

Left camera home - on day C/R one of biggest Rockfish alone.

Once left scuba dive mask home - found out after wreck had been grappled :rolleyes: Had to leave it on a jug and go back later.

I'm lucky in fact boat can stay safely loaded and often have day or two to prepare any gear changes.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does this.

- I forgot my planer flags once, but luckily it was calm enough that I didn't matter that much.

- I forgot my jigging boxes one other year at at the first LTJ trip of the year after spring trophy.

- I had a decent last day of the season last year jigging, but forgot the camera. Luckily, the phone was a decent stopgap

- The kicker was the trip last spring when I forgot the boat keys!
:eek:
Had to run back home, and I now keep my spare set in the truck during the season