CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Judge 22 Lite Tackle Edition (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=849)

Billj 06-02-2010 08:19 PM

Judge 22 Lite Tackle Edition

Pictures coming soon. Looks like we will be able to build with a 140 hp Suzuki for about 25k. Pull up cleats, pop-up bow light, 6 rod holders, small console.

A true value package.

What do you think?

Bill

Spot77 06-02-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7313)
Pictures coming soon. Looks like we will be able to build with a 140 hp Suzuki for about 25k. Pull up cleats, pop-up bow light, 6 rod holders, small console.

A true value package.

What do you think?

Bill

That sounds like my dream bay boat. :D

It falls in a reasonable budget, has a decent size to it, and has just enough power to move comfortably without sucking too much gas.

Have a few "wife friendly" option available and I think you'll have a hit.

(I say that because my wife won't even let me look at fishing boats unless there's some comforts available that she insists upon having.)

Billj 06-03-2010 06:57 AM

Wives, she's just making the price go up.:o

Spot77 06-03-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7323)
Wives, she's just making the price go up.:o

I know, but an extra grand or two on a boat is still much cheaper than getting rid of HER. :rolleyes:

boondoggle 06-03-2010 07:32 AM

What's different from the current 22? Aside from the 150 to make it a value package? I'm genuinely interested and not poking you in the eye.

B-Faithful 06-03-2010 01:25 PM

It is a functional boat without all the unnecessary stuff that can get in the way fly fishing or light tackle fishing and the stuff that drives up the cost of the boat. It has a smaller console (like that of the cockpit station in his 36'ers) to maximize deck space, no tabs, or washdown either. The boat is standard without seating but leaning post can be had for around $800 or other seat options are available too. Boat will still be made of all wood free products, poly tank, etc and of the the newer Judge 22 mold with the wide reverse chines. It also has light tackle/fly fishing necessary things like pop-up cleats and lights so there is nothing for lines to be hung up on. She will scoot along well with the 140 too.

Bill is building the first one right now for himself unless someone buys it...

B-Faithful 06-11-2010 07:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bills boat is done and in the water...

I still would rather his 36 in the background but it is a nice functional boat :p

She rolls 37.9mph (33knots) at WOT with the 140 zuke. She sips fuel!

JigStix 06-11-2010 09:42 PM

Bill makes a fine boat, and please do not take this the wrong way but THAT is $25-30K????
That seems like way to high a price point for very little boat. I saw Parkers at the boat show in that size range, with a few more frills for WAY less. The 27 Chesapeake seems to be semi-reasonably priced but for a boat that size I can't see choosing a Judge at that price when there are comparable boats for much less.

I was hoping Bill would make a boat in the neighborhood of 17 feet, but if the price point is going to be that high it may not be worth his time. Again, please do not take this the wrong way, just some food for thought.

Billj 06-12-2010 08:32 AM

I think you need to re-check your prices.;)

Anyway, we have sold 3 as of Friday.:)

Bill

reds 06-12-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigStix (Post 7482)
Bill makes a fine boat, and please do not take this the wrong way but THAT is $25-30K????
That seems like way to high a price point for very little boat. I saw Parkers at the boat show in that size range, with a few more frills for WAY less. The 27 Chesapeake seems to be semi-reasonably priced but for a boat that size I can't see choosing a Judge at that price when there are comparable boats for much less.

I was hoping Bill would make a boat in the neighborhood of 17 feet, but if the price point is going to be that high it may not be worth his time. Again, please do not take this the wrong way, just some food for thought.

I seriously doubt new 21 Parkers are bringing less then the Judge boats, of the same size. I'd guess the 2010 21' Parkers are selling in the upper 30's with a 150hp motor.

Edit: I did some checking and the Parkers are in the upper 30's but with some add on's.

I don't own either type but have owned a Parker, which I bought new. My advice, buy the Judge, the Parkers are over priced and the service stinks.

JigStix 06-12-2010 09:27 AM

If you read my post rather than just skim it I said AT THE BOAT SHOW. I was not insulting the boat, so don't get all of your panties up in a wad, I just said there is nothing to that boat, no options, just a hull and a console and that seems like a lot of money. I do not own a parker, nor would I ever (I own an Albemarle that I keep in OC for offshore which is why I was interested in a smaller boat for the bay), but at that price I would not buy a Judge in the size range unless there were more options. I'm sure once you add any options we are getting into a much higher price bracket. The Parker had many more options (that I saw at THE BOAT SHOW). I am glad you have sold three. I had heard rumors you were having a rough year or two so that is good to hear. As a small business owner myself I am glad to see local businesses doing so well. Now get to work on a 17 or so with a good price and you can sell another boat.

Billj 06-12-2010 08:26 PM

I'll just cut 5 feet off. Ok, hmmmmmm, 20k;);)

JigStix 06-13-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7490)
I'll just cut 5 feet off. Ok, hmmmmmm, 20k;);)

THAT IS A DEAL!!! :)

B-Faithful 06-13-2010 04:34 PM

JigStix, I know Bill and I are pretty good at keeping up with the competitions pricing. The number you may have seen for the Parker was their "commercial hull". The listed pricing on that didnt include the motor or any rigging. Typically the 21se sells for more than regular Judge 22cc, which includes more of the bells and wistles such as tabs, washdown, leaning post, etc. The standard Judge 22 lists for about 33k with a single Honda 150.

Bill used to make a 19'. I am sure if you go over and talk to him, he will make you deal on one.
http://www.judgeyachts.com/images/19CCSIDE.jpg

JigStix 06-13-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 7502)
JigStix, I know Bill and I are pretty good at keeping up with the competitions pricing. The number you may have seen for the Parker was their "commercial hull". The listed pricing on that didnt include the motor or any rigging. Typically the 21se sells for more than regular Judge 22cc, which includes more of the bells and wistles such as tabs, washdown, leaning post, etc. The standard Judge 22 lists for about 33k with a single Honda 150.

Bill used to make a 19'. I am sure if you go over and talk to him, he will make you deal on one.
http://www.judgeyachts.com/images/19CCSIDE.jpg

B Faithful, I actually am planning to talk to Bill (19 is a little bigger than I'd like though but it may be worth it) As far as the Parker I saw was fully rigged, with a Yamaha, and extra options, but it is neither here nor there. But again, it was a boat show special. I don't plan to purchase a boat in that size, i need something smaller that I can use in the back bays of OC and trailer easily with my truck to my bay house. Thanks for the help

drichitt 06-13-2010 08:15 PM

Any chance the dealer was ED's MARINE SUPERSTORE:D? Gotta watch that crew....Don

wino 06-14-2010 10:12 AM

Is there a livewell, and if so how big?

B-Faithful 06-14-2010 10:25 AM

40 or 50 gallon Live Well Leaning Post is an option... Most people get this with the more appointed 22 center console. I will have to check with Bill to see if an in floor live well is possible with stringer grid of the 22. However most in the mid atlantic/NE dont like in floor live wells.

This particular boat is essentially the 22 crabber with the steering station moved to the middle for max deck room. She also sports all pop up cleats and lights for nothing to snag on. It is more of a "work boat" that Bill is using for his light tackle fishing and has none of the non-essential items that are not necessary to have a great boat for casting, jigging, or bottom fishing. I think a cooler seat would go best with this particular boat. This boat is a great option for someone looking for high quality boat with a nice open level deck without paying for all the fluff not needed to fish.

Here is the optional 40 gal live well leaning post used on the 22 and 27 cc's
http://www.nauticaldesigninc.com/Ima...G_0207_JPG.jpg

Here is the optional larger 50 gal leaning post livewell.
http://www.nauticaldesigninc.com/images/ULTIMATEb2.jpg

spynet000 06-15-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wino (Post 7513)
Is there a livewell, and if so how big?

Greg, I told ya so! :-)

Billj 06-15-2010 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a livewell seat option for the 22.

We are trying to build the boat so you can save as much money as possible by not making everything standard.

There is also a casting platform for the front. It is with or without storage (to save $), or it is portable so you can take it out.

powerplay 06-15-2010 03:21 PM

Hey bill does this mean you are gonna teach greg how to light tackle fish????

spynet000 06-15-2010 09:29 PM

Bill, I absolutely love your boats. I like even more that you are a local builder and can customize to everyones liking. However, I think your line of boats (As well as Parker and even Jones) lacks a TRUE light tackle boat appropriate for the mid-upper chesapeake bay.

As an obsessive light tackle fisherman who logs well over 100 days of fishing per year, there are a few things I would NEVER buy a boat I was planning to strictly use for light tackle in my area without:

1. A forward casting deck
2. Trolling motor capability
3. A fishbox
4. Storage
5. Rod holders galore
6. Cooler
7. Livewell

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...pynet000/2.jpg
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...ynet000/et.jpg
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...ynet000/lk.jpg

The 1st photo above is a picture of an Action craft - coastal bay front deck. Lets start with the floor and work our way up to the deck. Standing on the floor of the boat allows a fisherman to fish from within the boat. From this fishing position you can also still reach the trolling motor with an extension handle if you wish. This would be a good place to fish from if it were choppy conditions as well. The left hatch is a rod locker / storage. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH DRY STORAGE. And having a place to store and LOCK 6 rods would be sweet. The right compartment is an insulated fish box / dry storage. Every once in a while I like to keep a mess of fish. (I'm aware most boats have a cooler under the leaning post but i'd rather that be the place for my livewell and have the seat forward of the console be a cooler for drinks)

Notice the casting deck is lowered 3-4 inches. I like this a lot, simply because it allows the fisherman to feel more IN the boat rather than standing on it. Most true bay-style boats you see down in georgia, florida etc tend to have decks that are not lowered much. There is also another huge storage compartment in the middle and also and anchor locker. This forward deck is also a great spot for the ladies to sunbathe when not fishing.

The next photo shows a trolling motor. I think in certain situations a trolling motor is invaluable. When winter fishing at brandon shores the fish move around a lot. Stealth can be the most important key to success at this location. Same goes for Domino Sugar and Hanover street. Ever fish topwater at the sewer pipe (eastern shore) or poplar island around the rocks? Staying "in the strikezone" is critical, especially at the pipe. Livelining and jigging the bay bridge pilings is also a great place to utilize a trolling motor. I almost forgot to mention the most critical place to have a trolling motor in the bay- susky flats grass beds casting topwater. There are many many other uses for a trolling motor but you get the point.

A light tackle boat is not complete without lots of rod holders. Five holders on either side of the console is what I would like to see from a light tackle boat without a tee top. It is not uncommon to have two friends fishing with you who each bring 3-4 rods and having them against the console and not behind you on the leaning post is best. Under gunwale rod storage doesn't hurt either.

I would like to see an insulated cooler under the front seat of the console. If this space was a removable cooler with pad seat so you can load drinks at the house and bring the cooler with you would be even better.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...00/console.jpg

I really, really, really like the looks of this leaning post. IT FUNCTIONS! Personally, I think the best place for a livewell is behind the leaning post. For one, it puts the weight of the filled livewell more forward than further back at the transom where you already have a heavy four stroke sitting. A LOT of people who light tackle, including guides, enjoy livelining. Especially when the light tackle bite can be tough. This leaning post also has tackle storage which I think is the best feature. I like to carry a lot of tackle and being able to access my jigheads and baits quickly and easily is great. I'm assuming the seat folds forward and there is also dry storage under the seat. 4 more rodholders is also very nice.

Here is where I think the "parker" part of a light tackle boat shines. Behind the leaning post there should be no raised deck, this should be fishing space all the way to the stern with a small side seat / step / storage box on either side of the stern (like the parker). When you come across fish on the meter and shut the motor off to fish, where is your first cast? ALL of the people I fish with make their first cast off the back, starboard, or port side WITHIN VIEW OF THE FISHFINDER. Everyone wants to fish the back of the boat so they can see the graph.

The last thing I would note is to not power the boat with a bracket. IMHO the bracket only gets in the way. For one, it sucks trying to fight a fish around the back of the boat with the motor sticking that far off the back. Secondly, I have a tendancy to whack the motor cowling with my rod tip when giving it a good "kimbro" whip. Remember, this is the area that will be fished MOST of the time.

As far as the console is concerned, I don't think having a "head" inside is really that important. I would rather have a smaller console and more fishing deck space than a bigger console with storage. Remember there is plenty of storage up front under the casting deck.

I would also like to see Judge produce a boat inbetween the 22' and the 27'. I think that would be the perfect size "all around" light tackle boat.

This is my personal opinion on what a light tackle boat for this area should be. If you built a boat like this at a the right price, it would sell, as a TRUE light tackle edition "chesapeake".

JigStix 06-15-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spynet000 (Post 7571)
Bill, I absolutely love your boats. I like even more that you are a local builder and can customize to everyones liking. However, I think your line of boats (As well as Parker and even Jones) lacks a TRUE light tackle boat appropriate for the mid-upper chesapeake bay.

As an obsessive light tackle fisherman who logs well over 100 days of fishing per year, there are a few things I would NEVER buy a boat I was planning to strictly use for light tackle in my area without:

1. A forward casting deck
2. Trolling motor capability
3. A fishbox
4. Storage
5. Rod holders galore
6. Cooler
7. Livewell

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...pynet000/2.jpg
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...ynet000/et.jpg
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...ynet000/lk.jpg

The 1st photo above is a picture of an Action craft - coastal bay front deck. Lets start with the floor and work our way up to the deck. Standing on the floor of the boat allows a fisherman to fish from within the boat. From this fishing position you can also still reach the trolling motor with an extension handle if you wish. This would be a good place to fish from if it were choppy conditions as well. The left hatch is a rod locker / storage. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH DRY STORAGE. And having a place to store and LOCK 6 rods would be sweet. The right compartment is an insulated fish box / dry storage. Every once in a while I like to keep a mess of fish. (I'm aware most boats have a cooler under the leaning post but i'd rather that be the place for my livewell and have the seat forward of the console be a cooler for drinks)

Notice the casting deck is lowered 3-4 inches. I like this a lot, simply because it allows the fisherman to feel more IN the boat rather than standing on it. Most true bay-style boats you see down in georgia, florida etc tend to have decks that are not lowered much. There is also another huge storage compartment in the middle and also and anchor locker. This forward deck is also a great spot for the ladies to sunbathe when not fishing.

The next photo shows a trolling motor. I think in certain situations a trolling motor is invaluable. When winter fishing at brandon shores the fish move around a lot. Stealth can be the most important key to success at this location. Same goes for Domino Sugar and Hanover street. Ever fish topwater at the sewer pipe (eastern shore) or poplar island around the rocks? Staying "in the strikezone" is critical, especially at the pipe. Livelining and jigging the bay bridge pilings is also a great place to utilize a trolling motor. I almost forgot to mention the most critical place to have a trolling motor in the bay- susky flats grass beds casting topwater. There are many many other uses for a trolling motor but you get the point.

A light tackle boat is not complete without lots of rod holders. Five holders on either side of the console is what I would like to see from a light tackle boat without a tee top. It is not uncommon to have two friends fishing with you who each bring 3-4 rods and having them against the console and not behind you on the leaning post is best. Under gunwale rod storage doesn't hurt either.

I would like to see an insulated cooler under the front seat of the console. If this space was a removable cooler with pad seat so you can load drinks at the house and bring the cooler with you would be even better.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...00/console.jpg

I really, really, really like the looks of this leaning post. IT FUNCTIONS! Personally, I think the best place for a livewell is behind the leaning post. For one, it puts the weight of the filled livewell more forward than further back at the transom where you already have a heavy four stroke sitting. A LOT of people who light tackle, including guides, enjoy livelining. Especially when the light tackle bite can be tough. This leaning post also has tackle storage which I think is the best feature. I like to carry a lot of tackle and being able to access my jigheads and baits quickly and easily is great. I'm assuming the seat folds forward and there is also dry storage under the seat. 4 more rodholders is also very nice.

Here is where I think the "parker" part of a light tackle boat shines. Behind the leaning post there should be no raised deck, this should be fishing space all the way to the stern with a small side seat / step / storage box on either side of the stern (like the parker). When you come across fish on the meter and shut the motor off to fish, where is your first cast? ALL of the people I fish with make their first cast off the back, starboard, or port side WITHIN VIEW OF THE FISHFINDER. Everyone wants to fish the back of the boat so they can see the graph.

The last thing I would note is to not power the boat with a bracket. IMHO the bracket only gets in the way. For one, it sucks trying to fight a fish around the back of the boat with the motor sticking that far off the back. Secondly, I have a tendancy to whack the motor cowling with my rod tip when giving it a good "kimbro" whip. Remember, this is the area that will be fished MOST of the time.

As far as the console is concerned, I don't think having a "head" inside is really that important. I would rather have a smaller console and more fishing deck space than a bigger console with storage. Remember there is plenty of storage up front under the casting deck.

I would also like to see Judge produce a boat inbetween the 22' and the 27'. I think that would be the perfect size "all around" light tackle boat.

This is my personal opinion on what a light tackle boat for this area should be. If you built a boat like this at a the right price, it would sell, as a TRUE light tackle edition "chesapeake".

could not agree more. Closest thing I've seen to dead on. I got a feeling that would cost quite a bit though!

Billj 06-16-2010 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the compliments and advise.
Just trying to keep it simple and low cost. If someone wants all the thrills it's optional and not a problem. You can put together exactly what you want. Not everyone wants all the thrills though and I guess thats why we have sold 3 this week.
You can take the 22 at 25k and quickly turn it into a 50k boat. Many fisherman want to go fishing without the 50k tag following them around.

Either way we will build exactly what everyone wants, you just have to have $$$$$$.:)

spynet000 06-16-2010 04:03 PM

Bill,

How does your 22' hull compare to Maycrafts 2300 ccx. I realized Maycrafts 23 is very similar to what I described. If they got rid of their bracket and if it were capable of mounting a 60'' shaft trolling motor in the front, it would certainly rank as one of the more functional light tackle rigs I've seen for the bay.

I still think a boat builder in the NE needs to break the Parker trend and start building a boat better suited for light tackle in the Chesapeake bay. How come my friends in Florida can run 20-30 miles offshore in their 21 bay boat and not blink an eye but bring one into the Chesapeake Bay and people think you're nuts:eek: If its too rough to fish comfortably in a 21 bay boat then its too rough to light tackle fish anyway. If it blows up on you out there you are going to be uncomfortable in any CC, but you are still going to get home either way. I would put the ride of Skipperworks 21' Sea Pro Bay boat up against the Parker 21 any day. If the 22 foot boat you build really does ride like everyone says it does, it might be the perfect boat to start adding more southern "bay style" features to and start THE JUDGE CHESAPEAKE LIGHT TACKLE line.

The 22' boat you built yourself looks like a FANTASTIC rig for someone who lives on the water and has access to their dock for the evening bite or wants to crab. I would definitely have something like that if I had a shore home. But I'm not sure I would market that boat as my 22' light tackle edition. I would market that as my econo-line evening / work boat and create a higher end "light tackle edition" with more amenities

Please take my criticisms constructively. Again, I love everything about your boats. I think your 27 Chesapeake is a brilliant design and layout for the Chesapeake Bay. I'm sure its your #1 seller (?) But i'd really like to see Judge pull through and WOW the Parker / Jones guys with a serious light tackle machine that stands out from the rest. I'd take the best features of the Parker, Jones and bay style redfish boats and compile them into a boat that makes sense for our bay / nearshore, just like you did with the 27 Chesapeake.

Hope your invite for me and your cousin Steve to fish with you still stands after all this:D:D

Billj 06-16-2010 05:15 PM

Man,

I never thought a model name would bring such criticism. How about I call it the Lite Tackle Starter Edition. And then I will speck out a 50k Lite Tackle Supreme with everything on it. Relax everyone. It's all available.:):):)

boondoggle 06-16-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7580)
Man,

I never thought a model name would bring such criticism.

You ever heard the saying "The bit dog always hollars"? :D:D

spynet000 06-16-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7580)

I will speck out a 50k Lite Tackle Supreme with everything on it.

Greg and I will split a Lite Tackle Supreme, hold the T-Top!

crabby and son 06-17-2010 07:14 AM

Dave, The casting deck can have a pole mounted on it for strippers:D.........Gary

boondoggle 06-17-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 7595)
Dave, The casting deck can have a pole mounted on it for strippers:D.........Gary

Works on a duck boat!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ripperpole.jpg

Stripe Tease 06-17-2010 10:45 AM

I like the 22 Lite Tackle

1 Attachment(s)
Do you think that you could fit two on the roof of this pig???? I could use them as planer boards in the Spring Season - and then in the summer i could "LTJ" with you Bill.

wino 06-18-2010 04:33 PM

Spynett just buy a 22ft Pathfinder tournament edition everything you want plus many more extras, I ran mine in the bay for 2 years before moving to Florida, felt much safer in the Pathfinder than my 25ft Hydrasport WA. With tabs and a 250hp Yam it would get up on top of the waves and just run past most CC's, draws 10inches of water. 110 gallons of livewells we run out 30 miles almost to West end in the Bahamas.

spynet000 06-18-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wino (Post 7608)
Spynett just buy a 22ft Pathfinder tournament edition everything you want plus many more extras, I ran mine in the bay for 2 years before moving to Florida, felt much safer in the Pathfinder than my 25ft Hydrasport WA. With tabs and a 250hp Yam it would get up on top of the waves and just run past most CC's, draws 10inches of water. 110 gallons of livewells we run out 30 miles almost to West end in the Bahamas.

Yea, i've been looking at the 23-24ft bay boats. I like Kencraft, Triton, and Pathfinder. I just don't understand why they aren't more popular in the Chesapeake. If I go to Florida to get one I will never be able to sell it around here so its gotta be the boat I keep for a while.

I'm looking a a Kencraft 23 this weekend. It has a 250hp Yam 4 stroke and im concerned about the fuel burn.

B-Faithful 06-18-2010 07:46 PM

considering the open waters of the bay and the best fishing being in colder water, I personally wouldnt want a low profile southern-type bay boat in this area. Give me higher free board and gunwales to lean against no matter what type of fishing. That is why the shallow draft Parker SE, Jones Brothers, and hopefully Judges are so much more popular in this area.

Just my opinion regardless of brands

Blakesdad 06-19-2010 12:28 AM

Dave listen to Wino.. Seek the advice of our elders..

He's not a bad fishermen either...;)

Steve, How ya doing bud ?? Give me a shout when you can.

spynet000 06-19-2010 01:42 AM

As much as I love you Greg, I can not agree:eek:

A wave in Florida would sink me the same way a wave here in Maryland would sink me regardless of water temperature. It is merely a great marketing plan that has given the popular chesapeake "guide and rec" boats their stance. Parker and Jones has made people THINK they need their boat to catch fish. Good for them, but I HAVE YET to meet a light tackle fisherman who relys on the "lean" of the gunawles of a boat. As a fisherman, who gives a crap? If the weather is to the point where I am concerned about falling out of the boat, well, I shouldn't be out there! Both boats will get me home all the same without sinking. We went out on a Sea Pro SV2100 Bay last night. I'd love to take a measuring tape to both hulls (Sea Pro vs Parker)...with the rail on the SV i'd bet the sides are the same from the floor if not higher than the parker! Now the Parker 21 is a BIG boat for being 21 feet but they ride like sh*t (Sorry Parker owners). If you want a bare bones fishing boat thats great. But as a fisherman you have to ask yourself..."does this bare bones Parker fish all of the light tackle situations I encounter in the Chesapeake Bay the way I want it to"? My answer to that question is no. Also, don't you ever want to take family or friends out for a cruise or to play around? Where do they sit or store anything on a Parker?

A boat builder around here needs to start thinking about every situation that may be encountered here in the Chesapeake for light tackle and sell each feature for a specific situation. The 27 Chesapeake gives me a WOW feeling every time I see one on the water. Judge needs a light tackle boat that does the same. Every inch of a custom fishing boat has to function and serve a purpose.

By the way, i've had 2 phone calls and 3 PM's from people (some who I don't even know) who could not agree more. You need to get people to start thinking JUDGE light tackle, not Parker or Jones. That can happen with a boat that is well thought out that gives fisherman a WOW feeling.

Shawn Kimbro 06-20-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spynet000 (Post 7613)
If the weather is to the point where I am concerned about falling out of the boat, well, I shouldn't be out there!

I couldn't disagree more. :D My best fishing is always on the days when almost everyone else stays home. I think you need two boats. A bass or bay style boat for the light days and something bigger for fishing in the winter or the wind. Especially if you want to go out alone sometimes.

The biggest advantage of a smaller boat is a trolling motor. Otherwise, I'll put a 27 footer in any hole a Bay Boat can get to. I actually have less draw than some.

spynet000 06-20-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro (Post 7622)
I couldn't disagree more. :D My best fishing is always on the days when almost everyone else stays home. I think you need two boats. A bass or bay style boat for the light days and something bigger for fishing in the winter or the wind. Especially if you want to go out alone sometimes.

I agree, rougher the better. But it would take 5 and 6 footers in order for me to actually be concerned about falling out of a bay boat, in which case I probably would not be out there. You cross the bay in NE 35 to go fishing:eek:, i'd want a 27 for that situation too. You are going regardless of the WX. My feeling is that most fisherman are not. You are not normal:D:D

I'd rather have my bow mount with me at all times, if possible. Then again, we typically fish completely different areas. Thats only my opinion.

By the way, Happy Fathers Day!