CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I am a young old timer (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=499)

Fish Nut 02-26-2010 03:43 PM

I am a young old timer

the stake ?

The Christmas Tree?

drichitt 02-26-2010 04:27 PM

Rob - I know it's friday and all, but isn't it a little early to be in the sauce?:D

5th Tuition 02-26-2010 04:41 PM

Rob; been sniffin to much of that parachute paint?
5th (Marty)

Skip 02-26-2010 05:28 PM

Hickory Thickets

Silver ball

Mary's Hole

Mile markers

crabby and son 02-26-2010 05:38 PM

Basket balls don't have feathers and canoes don't have wheels but blue and yellow will do in a pinch.................Gary

Fish Nut 02-26-2010 06:19 PM

Skip, Ishould have excluded you from the game you are an old guy:D No fare:)

drichitt 02-26-2010 08:51 PM

OK...let us (me) have a clue or hint. Hell, I'm older than Skip

Fish Nut 02-26-2010 09:03 PM

Gang, I was sitting around and found an old map of different location. Back in the day when I had a Ray Jefferson Fish Flasher, and a CB on the boat. I thought I was king of the bay. A lot of the old names for fishing spots aren’t used anymore. I bet they still hold fish. Hickory thickets haven’t herd that thrown around for awhile.

Mary’s hole = Devils hole?

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. :D

The Christmas tree was an old tree on shore people would use to line up on befor GPS.

PhilK999 02-26-2010 09:14 PM

Hickory Thickets was actually holding fish and named on TF about 2 summers ago a chumming location.

I have heard of 3 of the those holes from fisherman who were teaching me the bay.

crabby and son 02-26-2010 09:14 PM

silver ball is Parker's creek............Gary

reeltor 02-27-2010 12:11 AM

Hickory Thicket...troll it in the summer, bottom bouncing small red hose.

Skip 02-27-2010 01:29 PM

Silver ball is off Breezy - it is a water tower. If you were in the right area - you could not see the legs - only the ball sitting on the trees.
Now it is bright blue - yet still called silver ball.

Mary's Hole is over by Honga.

Rail road bridge in Severn was torn down but still some pilings left.

It's funny when the real old guys give out a spot - say Robinson's barn. It burned down in 1960 :rolleyes:.

Some spots have 2-3 names , depending on who you talk to.

Shawn Kimbro 02-27-2010 10:39 PM

Cool thread. There are some new "named" spots as well. As Francis would say, you find a new spot, you get to name it. Some new spots are really old spots though, but with new names so people can talk about them without burning them. Here's a few newer names:

The Volcano
The 50 Yard Line
Black Jack
The D.C.
The Spot
The Pod Pipe
The Woodpile
Hoolies

Wild Bill 02-27-2010 11:05 PM

I once salivated at just the name of these spots in the flats. All found with land marks and no GPS or Loran. Many were one, or at the most, two boat spots. Today I do not even bother going to most of them.

One day Don Evans, Superfish, Les and I pulled 1578 pounds of stripers to 31 pounds out the Gunsight Bed all on surface lures. All fish weighed and released. We did not tally any fish four pounds or under. I have not caught a fish in that spot in three years.

Beaches
Doc's Ditch
Phantom Hole
North Sand Bar
Sand Bar Hole
Les's Hole
Middle Bar
Christmas Tree Hole
Gunsight Bed
Herbies
Bill's Basin