CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   new pending NC State Rockfish Record. (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1165)

B-Faithful 01-06-2011 04:58 PM

new pending NC State Rockfish Record.

see here: http://www.epicblitz.com/2011/01/new...gon-inlet.html

http://www.goingtotheshore.com/.a/6a...f242970b-800wi

:)

Spot77 01-07-2011 09:09 AM

Dang!

The article linked in that link says the fish was caught just off of Oregon Inlet....I wonder if it was in the Pamlico or in the Atlantic? I'd assume Atlantic.

I wonder if he ate it. :D

(Yeah...I went there, didn't I? :rolleyes: )

B-Faithful 01-07-2011 09:14 AM

I have no problem with keeping and eating big fish.. Records are important to the sport. I think it is awesome a kid caught it too. (2 big fish per person along the coast seems to be a bit much to me though - wish they would match the CB's one per angler)

I was waiting for someone to ask if it was prespawn or post spawn :p :D

Here is another shot of it:

http://twstackle.com/backend//images...0furlough1.jpg

Blakesdad 01-07-2011 02:50 PM

The kid would have been much more revered, had he taken a picture and let him go. He blew a chance to be much more than a simple, potential, record holder.

He could have set a monumental example, and laughed in the face of many.

Everyone in this world wants to " one up" the next guy.

Skip 01-07-2011 03:28 PM

Camera angle really makes that fish look huge - cool idea standing well behind the fish.

Great catch - he'll remember that forever.

terpheels 01-07-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 9400)
The kid would have been much more revered, had he taken a picture and let him go. He blew a chance to be much more than a simple, potential, record holder.

It woulda had a gaff shot in its head if came alongside my gunnel :D Thanks for the xmas card...always confuses my wife...I just tell her its some drunk guy I met years ago!

Chesapeake Rock 01-08-2011 12:53 PM

This state record only lasted one day, a 64lber was caught yesterday. What a great fishery. we are living in the times people

B-Faithful 01-10-2011 09:50 AM

Yup.. Here is the photo:

KEITH ANGEL FROM SANDY RIDGE,N.C. CAUGHT 64LB STRIPER 53 1/4 LENGTH, GIRTH 33 3/4 ANGLER.
http://www.oregon-inlet.com/journal/...%20striper.jpg

Sounds like fishing is HOT in NC right now!

Fish Nut 01-10-2011 10:50 AM

Wow, that is a big fish. :cool: I also saw a lot of pictures of fish coming to the docks in NJ & VA earlier in the fall. It looks like they just passed by MD for a short quick period. Maybe the spring will bring them into the bay in good numbers.

That is one huge pile of fish on the dock.

reds 01-10-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 9400)

Hey Brian.

I gotta ask.

What did you have to do, to get back on Toilet Flush?:D

Blakesdad 01-10-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 9447)
Hey Brian.

I gotta ask.

What did you have to do, to get back on Toilet Flush?:D

Honestly, nothing.. But I appreciate the thought :D

After Echo was trounced, I dunno four months ago, I just gave it a rest. The other night I couldn't sleep. Went to TF, browsed around.. Remembered one of many screen names that I have, ( probably 20 or more) remembered the password and I'm in.

I'm not gonna **** this up.. as tempting as it is. I need TF for communication with my buddies. In fact I'm gonna send in my subscription money tomorrow..

reds 01-11-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 9454)
Honestly, nothing.. But I appreciate the thought :D

After Echo was trounced, I dunno four months ago, I just gave it a rest. The other night I couldn't sleep. Went to TF, browsed around.. Remembered one of many screen names that I have, ( probably 20 or more) remembered the password and I'm in.

I'm not gonna **** this up.. as tempting as it is. I need TF for communication with my buddies. In fact I'm gonna send in my subscription money tomorrow..

Just remember to not call him out (of the closet).:D

Blakesdad 01-11-2011 11:45 AM

I dont have a problem with Brandon. He's mellowed and gained experience over the years. He's no homo. His wife is gorgeous.

I, in turn, have mellowed a lot also.

reds 01-11-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 9456)
I dont have a problem with Brandon. He's mellowed and gained experience over the years. He's no homo. His wife is gorgeous.

I, in turn, have mellowed a lot also.

If you say so.

5th Tuition 01-11-2011 02:07 PM

So what do you think Brandon's registered name is here on CBA:rolleyes:.
5th (Marty)

reds 01-11-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 9458)
So what do you think Brandon's registered name is here on CBA:rolleyes:.
5th (Marty)

Probably no need. There is always some little puppy, who is eager to please the master, that will tell him what's going on. Toilet Flush is full of them.

One thing you don't want to do is use the B-mail.

Southerly 01-11-2011 08:42 PM

big NC fish

using a size/age chart i found somewhere on www, it looks like the big fish were 19-20 years old. looking at our own YOY numbers for that time period - not very good numbers were being found.

i definitely don't know - but it seems unlikely the big fish were chesapeake stock. maybe roanoke stock? do they have data posted?

ps - p-mail is 'B-mail' ?

reeltor 01-12-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 9459)
One thing you don't want to do is use the B-mail.

You aren't the first one to mention this. I've had several guys tell me that topics discussed only in private messages were brought up in discussion outside of TF. BIG BROTHER has the ability to watch.

garlien 01-12-2011 05:25 PM

If that is the case that is very, very sad....

However, it also makes me wonder if we can/could/should trust all of the folks we send private messages to on TF or other boards...

Mikie 01-12-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 9462)
If that is the case that is very, very sad....

However, it also makes me wonder if we can/could/should trust all of the folks we send private messages to on TF or other boards...

Rule #1: ANYTHING you type into a computer is subject to becoming public knowledge.