CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Who's fishing????? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=516)

Steve F 03-03-2010 08:54 AM

Who's fishing?????

Well with the temps in the upper 50’s this weekend who's going to try and make it out. Uncle Phill and I will be on the water Saturday and maybe Sunday. I hope to get back on those fish we were on before all the snow hit us.

5th Tuition 03-03-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 4962)
Well with the temps in the upper 50’s this weekend who's going to try and make it out. Uncle Phill and I will be on the water Saturday and maybe Sunday. I hope to get back on those fish we were on before all the snow hit us.

Will you be taking any pictures:D?
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 03-03-2010 09:20 AM

fishing would be great this weekend but the wife and I have a night away from the kids for the first time in ages! I will try to get out one day next week!:)

Steve F 03-03-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4965)
5th (Marty)

Oh there will be pictures but I don't think anyone will see them....:D

mdracer 03-03-2010 09:53 AM

It'll be good to see some fishing reports again. Good luck to all who go.

tacklemake 03-03-2010 09:59 AM

I'm going shore fishing down at beachwood park.:cool:

uncle phill 03-03-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4965)
5th (Marty)

now thats pretty funny...

spynet000 03-03-2010 10:22 AM

Been out twice since saturday, Rattle traps and money minnow have been outfishing everything.

Steve F 03-03-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spynet000 (Post 4975)
Been out twice since saturday, Rattle traps and money minnow have been outfishing everything.

Dave, I'll be tossing a flutter hook Saturday my buddy did really good with it yesterday.... I do have a rattletrap allready to go as well.

garlien 03-03-2010 10:55 AM

Might try a couple local ponds over the weekend and hopefully head out for some more early next week...

I just hope we can string together some of these 50+ days so we can get the water temps up...

B-Faithful 03-03-2010 10:57 AM

rattle trap was the ticket before the snows too..

jumbo1 03-03-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 4968)
Oh there will be pictures but I don't think anyone will see them....:D

I know a guy who takes great "background" shots...:D
And No it's not Phill.......

DirtyFrank 03-03-2010 11:31 AM

Catch em up fellas. I am trying to take my boy to the yellow perch event in northeast, should we succeed in catching one or many of those tasty little buggers, it will be his first fish. That is provided no one attempts to harpoon me during swim lessons in the morning...this winter has been one of extreme culinary enjoyment.

Hope to get out soon.

TIGHT LINES!

Hakuna Matata 03-03-2010 12:31 PM

I'm going to try to get out, if for no other reason than to run the boat.

BTW- How were you guys getting out b4 the snow? The weather was completely crappy for weeks and weeks. If it wasn't raining it was windy.

I haven't been out since early Dec.

-JB

spynet000 03-03-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata (Post 4986)
I'm going to try to get out, if for no other reason than to run the boat.

BTW- How were you guys getting out b4 the snow? The weather was completely crappy for weeks and weeks. If it wasn't raining it was windy.

I haven't been out since early Dec.

-JB

Im not trying to sound like a "bad ass" or anything but i'd rather fish in 20kts than 5kts, especially on a weekend. The flats will be the same way this spring. When its sunny and warm i'd rather be making tackle or putting in quality time with the woman so I can go when the fishing is better and there are less or no boats. This time of year the fishing areas are mostly protected as well. Monday we had 25kt winds blowing straight down river with 3 footers and I saw two Jon boats fishing a spot when we arrived:eek:

Baldzilla 03-03-2010 02:53 PM

Will be out Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday if all works out...probably means I'll only get out Tuesday

Blakesdad 03-03-2010 02:56 PM

Dave, your SUCH A BAD ASS !!!!! ;););)

My idol.. When I grow up I wanna... wait a second I'm older than you.. Crap...:D

spynet000 03-03-2010 03:22 PM

a lot older!:p

Steve F 03-03-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spynet000 (Post 4995)
a lot older!:p

I can't say much I'm older then him.....:(

Hey B, what's up with flounder feast 2010 my crew is waiting to here when we are going???????

Blakesdad 03-03-2010 04:48 PM

Steve, its April 9, 10 and 11.. As far as I know we'll all meet at Anglers and watch your wheels fall off...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:o

Hillbilly Boater 03-04-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 4996)
I can't say much I'm older then him.....:(

Hey B, what's up with flounder feast 2010 my crew is waiting to here when we are going???????

Hey Steve, Didn't I tell you? I think I did, but I'm getting older, so maybe I forgot. Sorry there buddy. And yes we'll be out somewhere.

jumbo1 03-05-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 4997)
Steve, its April 9, 10 and 11.. As far as I know we'll all meet at Anglers and watch your wheels fall off...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:o

Hey thats funny I don't care who you are........:D

Wild Bill 03-05-2010 09:08 AM

Steve-

At Montauk we like to get fish pics with the lighthouse in the background. Don't those two favorite honey holes have big name signs you could get in your pictures? It sure would make it easier for noobies. I don't even fish it that often but had two guys from the PA Navy call me and asking about ramps, limit restrictions and exact locations. Name signs would really help.:eek:

Steve F 03-05-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Bill (Post 5057)
Steve-

At Montauk we like to get fish pics with the lighthouse in the background. Don't those two favorite honey holes have big name signs you could get in your pictures? It sure would make it easier for noobies. I don't even fish it that often but had two guys from the PA Navy call me and asking about ramps, limit restrictions and exact locations. Name signs would really help.:eek:

Bill- I will do my best to give some kind of sign in the pic so that everyone will know where to go. :D

Brian- I sure hope we don't have any problems this year, I have a new axle under the boat so I should be good to go. Looking foward to our trip and Jack did call me this morning and I will get a hold of my crew and let them know the dates. See you in a couple of weeks.

terpheels 03-05-2010 10:59 AM

So what kinda bets/tourney is this flounder deal gonna be? I guarantee my boat will take the "best aluminum floor overlay" division w/all the beer cans!!! BTW, yozuri crystal minnows...suspenders, that was always my go to b4 it became x, y, z, p, d, q.

Steve, Travis says he's coming down to fish w/me. R speared fish legal?

Steve F 03-05-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpheels (Post 5061)
So what kinda bets/tourney is this flounder deal gonna be? I guarantee my boat will take the "best aluminum floor overlay" division w/all the beer cans!!! BTW, yozuri crystal minnows...suspenders, that was always my go to b4 it became x, y, z, p, d, q.

Steve, Travis says he's coming down to fish w/me. R speared fish legal?

Rob, all fish have to be caught using a rod and reel NO spear guns allow. :D This should be a good time and I sure hope that Travis can make it. We might have to come up some some kind of small tournament to make it interresting....

Skip 03-05-2010 02:20 PM

Weekend for me is too busy but hoping to get out Monday.
Good luck to all.

Lone Ranger 03-05-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 4962)

Yea,I'd like to get out one day!:rolleyes:

terpheels 03-06-2010 10:21 PM

43* 2day in chinco sound. won't be long till flatties...