CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fishing this Firday??? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=634)

Steve F 03-30-2010 07:01 AM

Fishing this Firday???

Well it’s a holiday for us County employees this Friday and I think Phill and the Lone Ranger and I are going to give the Bay Bridge a try. Was wounding if anyone else is going to venture out. The weather looks great so far and I hope the fish will be biting.

DirtyFrank 03-30-2010 07:15 AM

Hope you find them Steve, weather looks like it will make for a great day on the water.

Depending on what's going on at the home front I'll be on the flats or checking out the creeks for shad.

TIGHT LINES!!

Fish Nut 03-30-2010 07:54 AM

Looks like I will be out Friday if evrything goes as planned….. Launching Sandy point for a shake down…. :)

FISH NUT

Spot77 03-30-2010 08:04 AM

Garlien and I exchanged text messages this morning about trying to get out sometime at the end of the week.

It's gonna' be SWEET weather out there.:cool:

jwittman 03-30-2010 08:33 AM

I'll be heading out on Friday. Might be coming out of Middle River or launching from Sandy Point just depends on who's boat I'm on. My buddy and I both need to do a shake down so one boat Friday and the other next weekend.

Skip 03-30-2010 09:35 AM

It all works out - I plan to try.
Most likely Sandy Point.

B-Faithful 03-30-2010 10:50 AM

I will be out either Thursday or Friday.

blodg 03-30-2010 11:58 AM

A little south of you, probably between 86 & 88...Not sure whether it will be AM or PM or both yet. Good luck.

Steve F 03-30-2010 12:06 PM

Well it looks like the wind Gods will be on our side Friday so after talking to Phill I think we are going to give the Bridge a try. I'll have the radio on 68 so if anyone’s is in the area of the Bay Bridge give me a call. I should be on the water right around 6:30.

Skip, I will give you a call Thursday to see if you’re going to make it out or not. If so I will have the rod with me or I may give it to Phill because he said he can hook up with you.

Fish Nut 03-30-2010 02:01 PM

It looks like everything is coming together for Friday. I will definitely give you guys a shout. Need to test out the new antennas :D

Steve F 03-30-2010 03:43 PM

Well the Lone Ranger can't make it Friday so I maybe looking for another guy to tag along. Not sure if theres any fish around the BB yet or not so it might be my first shunk of the year but I'm willing to give it a go. :eek:

Lone Ranger 03-30-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 5986)
Well the Lone Ranger can't make it Friday so I maybe looking for another guy to tag along. Not sure if theres any fish around the BB yet or not so it might be my first shunk of the year but I'm willing to give it a go. :eek:

Steve,You and Phil will have a Stellar Day........'cause I can't make it!! Sorry I had to cancel,forgot about my Doctor appointment. [Mike]

Hillbilly Boater 03-30-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 5986)

Steve, Go south and look for gannets. That way if you have a skunk, you go down thinking large.:D You know that never fails me. My skunks are always 100 mile+ go down in flames skunks. You have to think big my friend.

Shawn Kimbro 03-30-2010 08:14 PM

I'll be dragging chartreuse chutes out front of the Radar Towers..... :p

Keep in touch. I'm staying north, got a hunch.

mlag 03-30-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro (Post 6001)
I'll be dragging chartreuse chutes out front of the Radar Towers..... :p

I read somewhere that you could be found "trolling" anywhere within ten miles north or south of the bridge:D Give me a shout if you need any pointers:p Love that new ride! See you on the water...............Mark

Baldzilla 03-30-2010 08:57 PM

most likely be out Thurs-Sat...depends on some weather down south....

JohnnyO 03-31-2010 09:49 AM

Looking for an invite

Now that Mike can't go you should have room for me! Johnny O :p

Lone Ranger 03-31-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyO (Post 6017)
Now that Mike can't go you should have room for me! Johnny O :p

I'll be out one way or another!DR. called and changed my damn appointment now!:rolleyes:

old hat 03-31-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger (Post 6018)
I'll be out one way or another!DR. called and changed my damn appointment now!:rolleyes:

I think johnny O just bumped you mike!! You like to go solo anyway. I am planning on going friday am not sure if on my boat on the south r or a friends which is on a trailer (read south). If on my boat, your more than welcome to join me......call on cell.

Lone Ranger 03-31-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old hat (Post 6019)
I think johnny O just bumped you mike!! You like to go solo anyway. I am planning on going friday am not sure if on my boat on the south r or a friends which is on a trailer (read south). If on my boat, your more than welcome to join me......call on cell.

Thanks Steve,Really appreciate the offer!!! Want to get to the Flounder Grounds with ya'!Went quite a few times with my Neighbor last year out of Mispillion. But I'm back on Steve's Boat for Friday.:).Lookin' for another Boat,Torn between another C.C. or a W/A.:eek:

Conjuror 04-01-2010 07:46 AM

Man, the weather is killing me for tomorrow....should be very nice for you guys. But I plan to teach my son the finer points of painting the bottom of a boat!! Could be a better long term investment!! :D

Hillbilly Boater 04-01-2010 05:51 PM

OK Steve, We're going. Ask Phil about Jamie today. That's where we will be.:cool:

one fish 04-01-2010 10:55 PM

Hey Jack,

Hope that all is well. got the grandkids for a few days. hit the rips a little thurs afternoon, got smallies.

how are you guys doing?? is the hot spot for friday in that area??
hope you get them.

ps - been the worse march i have ever had for the rips.
ron:D

Hillbilly Boater 04-02-2010 09:53 PM

Ron, It was good to see you out there today. How did the grandkids do? We went ona big bird seach, but couldn't find any action. Maybe nextime.

one fish 04-03-2010 09:45 AM

Good to see you guys. :D
tyler got one about 30 inches. each got a couple more. day before we got more small fish, but not big ones.
I took pics with a cheap digital camera. I don't take pics very oftern. i keep it in a plastic baggie and am in the habit of removing the batteries so they don't wear down.
you guess it.....i removed the batteries and immediately said 'o dang it' I just deleted the photos, resets back to empty.

what a dingbat.
:eek::eek:

next week looks like have to hit the area hard. maybe we can coordinate a few boats lookin for those gannets/fish. be out of time soon.