CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Judge Yachts Open House (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1191)

Billj 02-01-2011 02:40 PM

Judge Yachts Open House

7th Annual Open House
BBQ Bash!
Please stop in for your tour of our factory!
Date: Saturday, March 5, 2010
Time: Noon – 5pm
Place: Judge Yachts
9531 Legion Road
Denton, MD 21629
RSVP: 410-479-9770 or
E-mail- info@judgeyachts.com

Refreshments & Lunch provided
Please RSVP by February 19t

5th Tuition 02-01-2011 03:37 PM

Count me in:). I guess your 36 will not be there:(; I always liked seeing that boat.

We always have a good time and enjoy the open house, talking with owners and seeing boats in diferent stages of completion.

I was with Pete last week and he loves his 27 Chesapeake.

Who will be there as far as vendors? Will BOE be back?

Look forward to seeing you and the boats.
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 02-01-2011 05:06 PM

Bill's old 36 will be there. Bill is storing it indoors and doing some customizations for the new owner.

I am not sure what will be on display for the open house as of yet. However in the shop now are: a 37 Oxford, a 34 Express, 22 crabber, 22cc's, 27cc's and 27 Chesapeakes

There will be rods and tackle there. Even some new custom Judge Yachts trolling and spinning rods that Bill had made up with the logo on them.

Marty, You gonna order your 27 Chesapeake this year?! :)

5th Tuition 02-01-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 9640)
Marty, You gonna order your 27 Chesapeake this year?! :)

Greg; I'd say I'm ordering when my boat dies, but then I'm afraid Bill would put sand in my gas:D.
Seriously; the time is getting short.
5th (Marty)

Conjuror 02-02-2011 10:07 AM

I'll be there!!

Greg, by the way, is it true you are giving those custom rods to current 36 owners..:):)

spynet000 02-03-2011 08:55 PM

I was at the factory today. Bill has a lot of boats looking good for the show.

Shawn Kimbro 02-06-2011 12:06 AM

Bill zoomed by me on Rt 50 today. Judging by what was on his trailer hitch, it looks like he has a new line of boats coming out. This one was camo with four big wheels!

reds 02-06-2011 08:26 PM

Do customers know the 27' and up are illegal to trailer on Maryland's roads without a special permit?

5th Tuition 02-06-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 9748)
Do customers know the 27' and up are illegal to trailer on Maryland's roads without a special permit?

We need the extra couple of inches to carry more net:eek:.
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 02-06-2011 11:36 PM

First of all, Marty you are too funny.. :D

Reds, Please give the COMAR codification number because I believe you are wrong.

According to the MD law (page 86 here: http://www.sha.maryland.gov/OOTS/mot...erhandbook.pdf )

Quote:

MAXIMUM WIDTH – MEASURING - LIMITS EXPLAINED -
EXCEPTIONS
The width of a vehicle includes any load that it carries, but is exclusive of safety and energy conservation devices, such as side mirrors, turn signal lamps, marker lamps, steps and handholds for entry or egress, flexible fender extensions, mud-flaps and spray suppressant devices and load induced tire bulges. Except for side mirrors, no other safety or energy conservation device shall extend more than 3 inches on each side of the vehicle.
The width of a motor home or travel trailer shall be exclusive of retractable awnings installed by the vehicle manufacturer or dealer, provided that the awnings do no extend more than 6 inches from each side of the vehicle. The maximum vehicle or vehicle combination width limit in Maryland is 102 inches (8 feet 6 inches). Certain roadways in the state may be posted by traffic signs prohibiting travel by 102 inch vehicles – i.e., I-895 Baltimore Harbor Tunnel where the maximum allowable vehicle/combination width is 96 inches (8 feet).
The rubrail is just over 2" on each side making up a total of 4" or so. Therefore the boat itself has a beam of 8'6" with the rubrail making up the entire Judge stated 8'10" beam. The Rubrail is a "safety bumper" and I have a confirming email from the SHA. Thus, the 27 Chesapeake is legally towable.

reds 02-07-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 9756)

Reds, Please give the COMAR codification number because I believe you are wrong.

According to the MD law (page 86 here: http://www.sha.maryland.gov/OOTS/mot...erhandbook.pdf )

The rubrail is just over 2" on each side making up a total of 4" or so. Therefore the boat itself has a beam of 8'6" with the rubrail making up the entire Judge stated 8'10" beam. The Rubrail is a "safety bumper" and I have a confirming email from the SHA. Thus, the 27 Chesapeake is legally towable.

"The maximum vehicle or vehicle combination width limit in Maryland is 102 inches (8 feet 6 inches)."

When you get time post the email and the person's name, position in the SHA on here. I'd like to see and confirm what you were sent.

B-Faithful 02-07-2011 08:11 AM

Reds, I will keep you in suspense in regards to who sent the email because I have no obligation to share it with you and think it is more fun to not do so... Lets just say it is from a person with the term "Manager" in their title at SHA. I will gladly share the email with anyone who has or is interested in purchasing a 27 Chesapeake. (the 27cc is 102")..

Anyhow, I will help spell things out clearly

definition of Exclusive is omitting from consideration or account.

Law states:

Quote:

The width of a vehicle includes any load that it carries, but is exclusive of safety and energy conservation devices,
Law also states:
Quote:

Except for side mirrors, no other safety or energy conservation device shall extend more than 3 inches on each side of the vehicle.
here is the math:

3"+3"=6"

8'6"+6"= 9'

9'>8'10"

> is the "greater than" sign ;)

Being that the law states:
Quote:

The maximum vehicle or vehicle combination width limit in Maryland is 102 inches (8 feet 6 inches).
Dont let short term memory get to you as it is exclusive of safety devices or even other factory bolt-on items through this example in the law

Quote:

The width of a motor home or travel trailer shall be exclusive of retractable awnings installed by the vehicle manufacturer or dealer, provided that the awnings do no extend more than 6 inches from each side of the vehicle.
Therefore, since 8'6"+6"= 9', 9'>8'10", and the Judge 27 Chesapeake has a stated 8'10" beam that includes its safety bumper, the boat is legally trailerable on Maryland roadways, with the exception of where posted otherwise.

Between the email and the law.... I would love to be stopped and challenged. :)

reds 02-07-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 9761)
Reds, I will keep you in suspense in regards to who sent the email because I have no obligation to share it with you and think it is more fun to not do so... Lets just say it is from a person with the term "Manager" in their title at SHA. I will gladly share the email with anyone who has or is interested in purchasing a 27 Chesapeake. (the 27cc is 102")..

Anyhow, I will help spell things out clearly

definition of Exclusive is omitting from consideration or account.

Law states:

Law also states:

here is the math:

3"+3"=6"

8'6"+6"= 9'

9'>8'10"

> is the "greater than" sign ;)

Being that the law states:

Dont let short term memory get to you as it is exclusive of safety devices or even other factory bolt-on items through this example in the law

Therefore, since 8'6"+6"= 9', 9'>8'10", and the Judge 27 Chesapeake has a stated 8'10" beam that includes its safety bumper, the boat is legally trailerable on Maryland roadways, with the exception of where posted otherwise.

Between the email and the law.... I would love to be stopped and challenged. :)

Next time you want information on laws, talk to somebody who enforces them. Not some women office manager that you tell half truths to, so she tells you what you want to hear.

Per Maryland DOT State Police.

The maximum width of a vehicle or trailer is 8'6" on dual highways with out a permit, period.

The exception, for extra width, you are claiming as a safety feature(rub rails), applies to the vehicle, not the cargo. The cargo in this case, is the boat.

B-Faithful 02-07-2011 01:31 PM

ultimately it is a judge that interprets the laws. I think the law is pretty clear.

maybe you should have md police put tracking devices on our boats :D

Billj 02-07-2011 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Shawn cruising down the road the other day. I was pulling my over-width Parker;)

powerplay 02-07-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 9769)
Next time you want information on laws, talk to somebody who enforces them. Not some women office manager that you tell half truths to, so she tells you what you want to hear.

Per Maryland DOT State Police.

The maximum width of a vehicle or trailer is 8'6" on dual highways with out a permit, period.

The exception, for extra width, you are claiming as a safety feature(rub rails), applies to the vehicle, not the cargo. The cargo in this case, is the boat.

I guess this means you will not be at the open house for judge yachts???? We are gonna miss you very much.

Shawn Kimbro 02-07-2011 11:47 PM

The last time I saw a photo like that it was taken by a red light camera. :-)

For the record, I routinely trailer over the Bay Bridge, Key Bridge, Perryville Bridge, and once across the Bridge Tunnel and my boat always passed the 8' 6" requirement. This boat trailers with my half ton better than my 16' jon boat. My biggest worry isn't width, it's speed since I sometimes forget it's back there.

MdCrappie 02-08-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 9756)

Bumpers are "Front" and/or "Rear"

Stripe Tease 02-08-2011 04:38 PM

Open House?

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerplay (Post 9779)
I guess this means you will not be at the open house for judge yachts???? We are gonna miss you very much.

NO BBQ For him:D

Billj 02-10-2011 05:44 PM

Just more BBQ for me!:)

B-Faithful 02-16-2011 08:11 AM

Hours are noon to 5pm. For those that cannot make the open house, private tours are available any time with appointment.

Mark 02-16-2011 11:54 PM

Billj you have a PM