CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   46 Markley (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2833)

5th Tuition 03-19-2015 06:44 AM

By the way; we did Atlantic City to Chesapeake City in one day at 6 knots on the sailboat. Just to give you some perspective- we didn't stop to eat that day:D
5th

Mako mike 03-19-2015 07:09 AM

Depending on weather I may be passing you in a 48 cavalier sport fish that I have to deliver to South Jersey marina in Cape May. Have been putting delivery off but new owner is anxious! Can't understand why this girl is a 10, beautiful inside and out!

Tawn 03-21-2015 02:03 AM

Up at 2:20am this morning - can't sleep. Like a kid before Christmas.

Chessie27 03-21-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawn (Post 19534)
Up at 2:20am this morning - can't sleep. Like a kid before Christmas.

Who could blame you????? :) Xmas is over-rated!! First day with a new rig sure ain't!!!

Tawn 03-22-2015 04:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Uneventful trip to Deale from Fortescue, NJ.

Pretty much flat calm and zero ice.

1950 rpm came out to be 16.5 - 17 kts burning 10.1 gallons per hour. Wide open is 2600 rpm. Pushed it up there long enough to see 23 Kts. Engine life and fuel costs being directly proportional to the distance between the red knob and the windshield - we didn't run it hard for long.

The shame is that there were probably 40 people all tracking Happy Harbor parking lot sludge on to the boat yesterday afternoon and the water shut we can't wash it!

5th Tuition 03-22-2015 07:46 AM

WHAT; all that way in one day:eek:

Only made the trip in the sailboat at 6 knots:D It is a nice scenic excursion.
Glad she is "home". Don't worry about the mud, I know you will have her spic and span before very long. The important thing is she is here and can now get those extra rod holders welded:):)

Great looking boat, I know you will be happy with her.
5th

Mako mike 03-22-2015 11:30 AM

Congrats on the safe journey. We showed up in Baltimore yesturday to deliver the 48 cavalier to south Jersey marina only to find a flooded bilge during inspection. Got her pumped out and found split hose on generator though hall and another split line on one of the bilge pumps recirculating the water in the bilge. Owner having mechanic in Baltimore to make repairs and also told. Him that before delivery could be made I wanted a complete bill of health from mechanic before departing. It's amazing how people will spend 100,000's of dollars and not take the time to check on their investments during the winter. Hopefully get her up there next weekend. It's kinda cool in your first picture how chart plotter and radar displays are identical. Looks like radar will not need any calibration. Good luck with her. When is the first CBA trip going to be?

Tawn 03-22-2015 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear about the problem and delay Mike. Hope they get it all taken care of for you.

Spent most of the day putting cleats on the dock where we wanted them and making up dock lines.

Slowly getting our gear aboard.

5th Tuition 03-22-2015 08:06 PM

Tawn; I like the slip location. Is that going to be her permanent slip?
5th

Tawn 03-23-2015 03:10 AM

Yep - that our new home Marty.