CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How about we all introduce ourselves (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=98)

drichitt 11-12-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudZudnik (Post 1079)
Hey yall, Im Spud Zudnik, Spudz for short. Im 49 and am a farmer on Tilghman. Been married 5 times, twice to the same one, got 9 kids from 28 to 3 years old. In my spare time I feesh on my 40 foot baybuilt "No Wife". Bin ffeeshing the bay ever since I can recollect used to go out with my Pa when I was a kid.
See yall out there.

Welcome aboard Spudz. I am looking forward to your posts...Don

hippie 11-13-2009 09:50 AM

Hi,
My name is Bob and I reside in Southern Pa. I'm retired and boat out of Baltimore on my 27 ft cruiser. I never catch any fish but enjoy chasing them. I mostly fish in the mouth of the Potapsco, Key Bridge, MOW and 7 ft knoll.

Fishamajig 11-13-2009 01:42 PM

Fishamajig here...

Dennis Fleming from Mechanicsville, MD.

alltackle 11-13-2009 05:13 PM

Keith Fraser, Owner, Alltackle.com. Looking forward to seeing this board grow.

B-Faithful 11-13-2009 05:35 PM

keith, glad you are here.

Your new store is awesome. I hear you are hosting the MSSA Tournament Capts meeting monday night!

reeltor 11-13-2009 06:16 PM

Keith,
Glad to see you here. I'm Paul Buckmaster, few years ago my wife and her crew won the Poor Girls Open out of OC. You generously gave them T shirts, Visors and other gifts which they were thrilled to wear at the awards ceremony. Thanks again.

Jalopy 11-13-2009 10:10 PM

John Folea, Parents had a place a Chesapeake Ranch Club when I as a kid. Just love being on the water, Fishing, Crabbing, picking up trash or whatever. Married 17yrs to a lovely Red Head with 2 kids, 7th and 9th grader.
Sales Manager at Beltway Movers

alltackle 11-13-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 1101)
keith, glad you are here.

Your new store is awesome. I hear you are hosting the MSSA Tournament Capts meeting monday night!

Yes, the MSSA meeting is at the shop on Monday Night. Please drop by and introduce yourself. We will crank up the grill for hot dogs and hamburgers and it should be a great time. Everybody is welcome.

fishingfrank 11-13-2009 10:26 PM

I'm Frank Holden. 52 and divoreced but with a great lady with no kids. I was born in Dundalk and raised in Essex. I work in Facilities Management and just recently started a new job at the Y of Cental Maryland Towson lcoation.Towson

I fish a 1986 Renken Walkround "Top Dog" which I bought new and have had ever since. I love to troll, chumm, liveline, and bottom fish. I've actually caught a few fish using the LTG method and don't knock it but enjoy my methods better.

I've been in MSSA forever and an president of the Essex-Middle River Chapter and a member of the MSSA Board of Directors I've fished EVERY MSSA Spring Tournament ever and have never placed in the money but kepping telling the crew there's always next year.

I look forward to this board "taking off" and sure hope everyone can, even though they might not agree with everyone's point of view, at least at least respcet the other guys right to say it.

I really feel "sold out" by "that guy" from the other board with this C&R issue. A grandstanding move to make a name for himself sure worked but not sure he got the name he wanted.

fishingfrank 11-13-2009 10:29 PM

Keith, Thanks for sponsoring that Captains Meeting. I'm going to try to make it down there with Dave.

drichitt 11-14-2009 01:23 AM

Welcome aboard Frank...Don

butch 11-14-2009 08:07 AM

my name is butch on this board. 63 yrs OLD, live and feesh on the es. run in a little teeny 19 maycraft.
been feeshing the whole bay since young kid. main area when young was south river to ches. beach.
now...all mid bay, but emphasis on va east shore for flat thangs.
three kids, 5 grandkids, and wife of 44 years. we all feesh, excepting my o0ne year old grandson...every time i axe him to go , he backs ouut at the last minute!
fgeeshed offshore outta hattriss and oc for 7 straight years, back in early 90's. "searchin", 28 bertram, outta feeshtales, and my grady, outta teache4s lair, hattriss village.
retired construction worker, who has no retirement. but got a lotta friends!!!

Baldzilla 11-14-2009 08:44 AM

Glad you made it over Butch!!

butch 11-14-2009 08:57 AM

glad to be here, mark. still can't wait to see the pilot :Dhou boat you have!

fishinhooks 11-14-2009 10:38 AM

My name is Steve Hook and I have been in the real estate business in the Baltimore metro area as a salesperson and appraiser since 1978. I have had a boat since 1998 but have gotten to use it more over the last 3 years. Try to get out at least once a week with my kids (6) or grandchildren (8). I really appreciate the tips I receive from the experienced anglers on these boards to hone my fishing skills.

Ele 11-14-2009 07:03 PM

I am Eleanore Benjamin, also known as Ele. I won't tell you my age since, so far, I am the oldest one that has posted on this thread. I have been married to the same man for 48 years. I have two grown children, a daughter Kena and a son, Capt. Mike. I have four grandchildren from 20 down to 2, my daughter was a slow learner.

I have been fishing since I was 4 or 5 years old when I lived in Philadelphia. We moved to Maryland in the early 50's. My husband Herb has always fished and we used to fish all the time together, but now we go with Capt. Mike.

I have fished the ocean for Tuna, Marlin, etc. I fish with Mike about 4 days a week form June until Sept. I am a warm weahter fisherperson.

We have owned and operated Herb's Tackle Shop in North East, MD for the past 45 years. Herb and Mike are also barbers, so if you are ever going fishing in our area and need a hair cut come into the "Fish & Clips" shop.

Ele

PhilK999 11-14-2009 07:21 PM

Butch (Capln trayt) and Ele, glad to see you both over here.

drichitt 11-14-2009 07:31 PM

Welcome Ele and Butch. See you on Mon Ele. I be will sure to hi this time:D....Don

coach23 11-15-2009 05:11 PM

Coach23

My name is Rich Jenkins. I have been teaching and coaching high school for 38 years. I think I am going to retire at the end of the year if things work out. I run a 23 grady out of the Magothy river ,don't have a trailer, and have a 17 seahunt on a trailer to try some new spots. Looking forward to retiring and hoping to meet some new people to share expenses and experience. I just had both of my knees replaced in the last year and I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I have met and fished with some people on this board and looking to meet some others. I would like to fish the CBBT this year, I have some sick days to burn. thanks, rich

Francis 11-17-2009 07:38 AM

A little late but I guess I'll chime in.

I am Francis Zell. I grew up in College Park and fished a lot locally but somehting really popped when I hit the bay for the first time.

I went to College in So MD at Saint Mary's. Went to college with two guys who went on to be successful charter captains. I mate with them a fair bit. Have also hook and lined commercially a fair bit right out of college.

Most recently I work at a private school up in Montgomery County where I teach PE and am the camp director. Alone, either of those jobs would give me plenty of time to fish but together I don't get as much time as I used to.

I run an ancient Boston Whaler that I put a lot of work into. I am pretty easy to recongize on the water so come by and say hello if you see me.

bjohnson 11-17-2009 07:33 PM

Hello all,
Ben Johnson here. Circulation guy for the Mid-Atlantic Edition of The Fisherman. I'm 23, been on boats since I was in diapers. Caught more species than I am years old, might have killed more species than I am old too... thanks to a great but sometimes hardheaded father - no pun intended :D I got too far away from fishing, hunting, and the outdoors during the highschool/college days... but I'm working my way back into it. I know a few guys through the magazine and my days of working at Tri-State Marine. I've got 2 brothers that also love to spend time on the water or in the field and a wonderful mother that managed to stay sane with 4 knuckle headed males under the same roof. Born and raised on the waters of Kent Island, fished from the CBBT to the Tuckahoe River and hundreds of points in between. Never gotten offshore or considered myself hardcore, no offense taken if you call me fair-weathered. I'll either be out in a 22 Robalo or a 19' Skiff - sometimes cruising, sometimes fishing. Launching from Matapeake or Shipping Creek.

Thanks Jim for giving everyone an alternative and a more homey option.

If I can do anything for anyone, feel free to shoot me an email on here or at bjohnson@thefisherman.com

Regards,
Ben

B-Faithful 11-17-2009 07:38 PM

Cool. Nice to have met you at the boat show with Dave!

Greg

drichitt 11-17-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach23 (Post 1199)
My name is Rich

Welcome aboard Coach...Don

Gitzit 2 11-17-2009 10:26 PM

hey, everyone, I'm Mark.
i am a project manager with a mechanical contractor in Balimore.
i live in Catonsville with my wife of 16 years.
we fish out of a 1997 Pro Line 170 Sport center console that we've had since new.
we put plenty of miles (& fish!)on it and have fished from the Flats to the Bass Grounds off Ocean City.
been around boats, marinas & on the Bay all my life
love all kinds of fishing but have gotten the LTJ bug and really enjoy the challenge.
it is nice to see some friendly faces over here.....hope it is a happy home!

i look forward to seeing this board grow

Mark

bjohnson 11-17-2009 10:31 PM

Greg, nice meeting you and Bill as well. Sent you a PM.

mark1234 11-17-2009 11:22 PM

My name is Mark, I'm 37 years old and live in Pasadena with my wife of less than a year, and our 80lb white lab. I grew up in Bethesda, but moved to live closer to the water (and get away from the congestion). I'm a landscape contractor and run a retail garden center. Typically, I fish the upper bay but will trailer to follow the fish. I try to get down to the beach and fish offshore as much as possible, but not enough, sometimes it's tough to get a crew. Hope to see you guys out there.

garlien 11-17-2009 11:29 PM

A perfect thread

So Mark was kind enough to invite me to the party and here I am....

I am Mike Barnes...Gettin too close to 40....Three wonderful kids...2 boys 16 and 8 and our baby girl at 4...Love our dogs Collie, Black Lab, and Golden...They spend thier life with us in Pasadena....

Been fishing since back in the day...My dad and I used to fish Cabin Creek, Crab Alley, Parsons Island, Eastern Bay, Narrows areas when I was a kid...We had a house right next to Cabin Creek...Learned a lot from the commercial guys that parked in the creek...Back then we could just about throw anything in the water and get something back...Stripers were just another fish along with more white and yellow perch, flounders, and blues than a person could keep...when we wanted crabs for dinner we would throw a bushel basket in an old inner tube and dip net what we wanted right out of the creek...The water was clean and the Bay was full of life...Them was the days...

So I go off to college, life gets busy, and I dont start seriously fishing till about 2 years ago when my dad past and left me his boat...Figured it was some type of message to forget the busy life and enjoy some of it....

20+ years sure have changed things...Now you actually need to have more than just a sinker and hook...there are many days I cant catch a darn thing...But I am learning all over again and having a good time doing it.....

The boat is in the Bodkin, usually from March till November...A 20' center console Shamrock inboard...Small but one hell of a boat...

Look forward to meeting more of you in the future...

Mike

BreezyDog 11-18-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjohnson (Post 1294)
Hello all,
Ben Johnson here. Circulation guy for the Mid-Atlantic Edition of The Fisherman. I'm 23, been on boats since I was in diapers. Caught more species than I am years old, might have killed more species than I am old too... thanks to a great but sometimes hardheaded father - no pun intended :D I got too far away from fishing, hunting, and the outdoors during the highschool/college days... but I'm working my way back into it. I know a few guys through the magazine and my days of working at Tri-State Marine. I've got 2 brothers that also love to spend time on the water or in the field and a wonderful mother that managed to stay sane with 4 knuckle headed males under the same roof. Born and raised on the waters of Kent Island, fished from the CBBT to the Tuckahoe River and hundreds of points in between. Never gotten offshore or considered myself hardcore, no offense taken if you call me fair-weathered. I'll either be out in a 22 Robalo or a 19' Skiff - sometimes cruising, sometimes fishing. Launching from Matapeake or Shipping Creek.

Thanks Jim for giving everyone an alternative and a more homey option.

If I can do anything for anyone, feel free to shoot me an email on here or at bjohnson@thefisherman.com

Regards,
Ben

Welcome! Can I have a lifetime subscription to The Fisherman?:D

ReelSmith 11-18-2009 07:27 PM

Hi Folks!

My name is Ralph Smith and I live in Pasadena, MD. I grew up on the water and have been fishing since the age of 6, thanks to my grandfather. I'm 40 years old and married with our first child on the way! My full time occupation is an engineer and I also have a reel repair business.

I enjoy both freshwater and saltwater fishing. My grandparents lived in Chestertown where I spent alot of time fishing on the ponds of the upper shore. I also spent alot of time with my grandfather fishing for stripers and perch in the Chester River.

I enjoy all methods of fishing on the bay from LTJ to trolling to live-lining spot and eels while fishing for stripers, flounder, perch and drum. I also enjoy the challenge of big game fishing offshore.

I love to fish and enjoy helping others learn and enjoy fishing too. If I can be of any help with fishing or working on reels, feel free to get in touch with me.

I already know a few of you folks on here and I look forward to meeting those of you that I don't in the future!

Catch'em Up!!!

Ralph

drichitt 11-18-2009 07:55 PM

Mark1234 (Mark) - Welcome buddy. You probably could have gotten the screen name "Mark" here and saved us all a few keystrokes:D.

Ralph - Welcome! I have heared some good things about you. Glad you are here.

Baldzilla 11-18-2009 08:23 PM

Mike, Ralph, Mark, glad to see you all made it over! We are much nicer here, well to everyone but JoeDirt

Remedy 11-18-2009 08:34 PM

Hi All. Tim Askew here. I have a maycraft 25 purchased from Mr. Judge himself...B-Faithful! I am originally from the Great Lakes where we used planer boards for Walleye and down riggers for Salmon so i am familiar with the CB trolling system. However, i have only been out on the water since last july when i purchased the boat.

I have been out fishing with Greg (B-Faithful), Paul (Reeletor), and Mark (Baldzilla). All have been EXTREMELY gracious showing me the CB fishing techniques.

Family wise i have three kids, 16 (girl), 14 (boy) and 11 (girl). They all LOVE to fish so my wife occasionally has to come to be in on all of the stories. I run a medical device company that has a cancer fighting product so i am on the road a lot and miss a lot of good fishing days. I am a university of michigan graduate so if anyone else out there is...GO BLUE!

Tim (Remedy)

B-Faithful 11-18-2009 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome aboard Tim. Had a great time fishing with you in the spring. You got a nice slob on Sat of the MSSA!

Remedy with the ~32lb slob, Reeltor in the middle, Me with a ~28lber.

ReelSmith 11-19-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks Don, Thanks Mark! Looking forward to seeing the new site grow!

Castaway 11-20-2009 07:16 PM

Greeting From PA

My name is Pat. I am 34 years old. I live in West Caln, Pa with my wife Lisa and our yellow lab Bailey. I grew up fishing for LM & SM bass, Wallaye and Muskie, I still still for those but now I prefer fishing the bay. The rockfish (stripers) got me hooked.
I work as a Facilities supervisors for American Fishing Wire (AFW) and Hi-sea fishing Line in Valley twp PA. I am in the planning stages of purchasing a new boat. I am 99% sure its going to be a Parker 2320 Pilothouse. That is unless I can be convinced on another manufacture. but originally from the far north thats going to be hard to do.

This is a great site. I hope to fish / meet and chat with fellow fishermen.

Tightlines

Transition 11-20-2009 08:37 PM

Hi everyone. My name is John. I'm just a newbie at this bay fishing thing but so far it's been great. I keep my boat on Rock Creek. Mark (Baldzilla) told me about the site as well as most everyone else it seems:D
For the last 2 years I've been fishing the Bay. Prior to that I've been a smallmouth fisherman for the most part. I have an 18' Alumaweld w/90 jet that I've been running the Upper Potomac in since the early 90's. Mostly fished Brunswick and Point of Rocks areas. I live just up the road from there in Lovettsville VA.
Now I fish the Upper Bay with my wife Sara and typically our two newfoundlands out of a 28 Albin. What little I know about trolling and LTJing the bay, I've learned from most of the folks I see here from TF and a good friend, Mark on Gitzit 2. Next season I hope to meet more of you and hopefully have a chance to fish with some of the folks here. I'll be around the BB tomorrow so if you see blue hulled Albin named Transition, give a shout.
John

Baldzilla 11-20-2009 09:05 PM

John, glad you made it...good luck tomorrow, take a peek at my boat for me and make sure it's not sinking :D

Gitzit 2 11-20-2009 09:16 PM

welcome aboard, John!

we're going to launch out of Turner's tomorrow and fish the river
we need to be back early
might BB Sunday

good luck to everyone in the MSSA Tourney!!!!!

Bug Guy 11-20-2009 10:41 PM

Hey all,

My name is Bob Smith, I live in Bowie and am a grad student at Univ. of MD in the Entomology Dept (study of insects). Grew up in PA, moved here about 7 years ago now. Married 5 years, in a few days my daughter will be 4 months old. Oh yeah, I'm 32...and yes, I'm still in school (no snickering please). I don't own a boat, but get to fish with friends almost often enough.

I grew up fishing and tromping through streams. That explains what I do - study the effects of urbanization on stream insects, specifically caddisflies. I also dabble in theoretical community ecology in the hopes that I'll get to work somewhere other than urban streams.

Glad to see this board.

Cheers!

cmason164 11-20-2009 10:49 PM

Good Looking site

Hey all,
Name:Craig
Kids: 2 daughters 16, and 12
Boat: Proline 20 DC
Fishing Style: Whatever it takes, whenever I can
Location: Usually launch at Chesapeake Beach or Breezy, occasionally Solomons and sometimes out of the West River.

Stumbled on the site following a reference from TF, Have been fishing the bay for about 4 years now. Favorite style is LTJ but that unfortunately has to take a back seat to my obsession with big fish. I havent figured out how to do both at the same time yet, so trolling is my mainstay, but I always have the light rods onboard.

Will fish midbay till Mid December then will take 2-3trips to CBBT to dunk eels and chase birds depending on what work and personal life will allow. I fish by myself at least half of the time, although I have Ho'd and gotten Ho's a couple times, each of which was fine, I just feel like I wouldnt want to end up with a HO that turned out to be PIA or something, So I usually just go alone.

Will be fishing tomorrow out of Breezy..Channel 68