CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Good opening day (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2858)

Rockin' Robin 04-19-2015 01:49 PM

Boatyard Youth Winner!

3 Attachment(s)
Tough opening day, lots of boat traffic and despite marking fish and bait all morning shallow and deep, we couldn't get the fish to bite. We were grateful, however, that we only snagged one menhaden and 2 jellies. In mid morning when bite turned on for Greg he called us over but the bite ended before we got there. We stayed put though and just after noon managed to get 2 strikes on the same deep umbrella within minutes and the second one made it to the boat. It was 39" and put my youngest son Darin in 1st place for Youth Division for Boatyard tournament! Thanks to Greg for putting us on the fish!

5th Tuition 04-19-2015 03:19 PM

Thats a Beautiful fish. The lighting must have been just right. Congratulations Darin.
5th

Chessie27 04-19-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin (Post 19682)
Tough opening day, lots of boat traffic and despite marking fish and bait all morning shallow and deep, we couldn't get the fish to bite. We were grateful, however, that we only snagged one menhaden and 2 jellies. In mid morning when bite turned on for Greg he called us over but the bite ended before we got there. We stayed put though and just after noon managed to get 2 strikes on the same deep umbrella within minutes and the second one made it to the boat. It was 39" and put my youngest son Darin in 1st place for Youth Division for Boatyard tournament! Thanks to Greg for putting us on the fish!

Congrats Darin!!!

Gypsy Danger 04-19-2015 09:54 PM

Yesterday was a slow day of trolling but was able to work out some kinks and done tune the process. The new planer board leashes I hade made worked out perfect...hoping to get back out on water during the week!

B-Faithful 04-20-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin (Post 19682)

Congrats to Darin!

It was great seeing you out there. When I first set up in there we had menhaden tails piercing the glassy calm surfaces. I knew it would only be a matter of time.

mlag 04-20-2015 11:05 AM

Congrats Darin! Let me know when you want to go shopping with your gift certificates:)