CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Eastern Shore Pond Hopping (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1708)

garlien 02-12-2012 05:44 PM

Alabama Rig ?

Is that like an Alabama Slammer ?

You mean I have to do something more than put a minnow on a hook under a bobber ?

This sounds so complicated, glad I spend most of my time in the salt....

There the only thing I need is a Corona rig...And Scott hooked me up with an automated Corona Rigger last year....

:)

5th Tuition 02-12-2012 06:40 PM

Nothing beats a shiner under a bobber. That's what I will be doing 95% of the time on Thursday:).
5th

Fish Nut 02-12-2012 09:00 PM

Guy don't forget a pint of chicken livers. This time a year the wisker fish are frisky

Spot77 02-13-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Nut (Post 12699)
Guy don't forget a pint of chicken livers. This time a year the wisker fish are frisky

Mmmmm...might have some fresh catfish for dinner.

My biggest problem is that I'm a pack rat. I can't STAND not having the "perfect" lure with me.

And my freshwater bag weighs as much as my 12 year old. :eek:

Somehow I'll manage though.....it really is a sickness I think. I used to be able to bike the entire C and O Canal and fish along the way for 4 days with a tackle bag that mounted to my handlebars. So maybe there is hope.

Oh....my bag actually has wheels on it....:o

garlien 02-13-2012 10:38 AM

Sounds like a perfect way to carry those "Alabama Slammers" !

:)

5th Tuition 02-13-2012 11:38 AM

It's still a couple days away; time enough for the weather to change, but it looks like Thursday may be wet. Should we hold Friday in reserve as an alternate day?
Looks like Scott, Mike, and Lance are the only guys from the board going. Are you guys available on Fri as well?
5th (Marty)

Spot77 02-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 12706)
It's still a couple days away; time enough for the weather to change, but it looks like Thursday may be wet. Should we hold Friday in reserve as an alternate day?
Looks like Scott, Mike, and Lance are the only guys from the board going. Are you guys available on Fri as well?
5th (Marty)

Actually....Friday is shaping up to be a pretty good possibility now.

Pretty sure Mike's schedule is clear :D and I think Lance said Friday might be better for him too. I'll make it work.

5th Tuition 02-13-2012 02:33 PM

OK, Friday it is:D
5th

garlien 02-13-2012 09:22 PM

Yeah might actually be better for me as well.

Spot77 02-17-2012 08:12 AM

Woohoo....it's Friday!!!!

Looking forward to sitting in the woods and casting a lot......maybe even catching a few.

I need to start packing my stuff up. Been working so much this week that I actually haven't had any time. :(